My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Dinner on the hoof is what we call deer. But my hunting friend moved back to Washington state so no more tasty venison for us.
    Anyone have some for the upcoming picnic to share? Can not wait for the "I've been sprung" date. Going to pray for continuing health, progress and no setbacks!!! Have a great day Rachel and Team Rachel! Enjoy this special day.

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    ummm. now, let me get this straight, it has been made with green potatoes, and now it is going moldy?

It removes warts or sumthin?

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    It removes warts and sumthin, too.

[​IMG] For Monday

[​IMG] For Tuesday

Getting up early tomorrow to go away for a two day field trial. Will be home late on Tues. Rachel, behave. [​IMG]

4. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    So what date is the party??? What is Rachel's release date? Don't want to miss either!
    Stay healthy-and resting if needed- and start packing.
    [​IMG]
    Meantime here is a cutie. It is a certified therapy bunny. Never knew that before. :)

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Release is scheduled for the 28th, but I'm going to beg for the 21st.

Mom and I ventured out and found some thrift stores today. Driving in a strange city is not her strong suit, and I'm not cleared yet, so we've stayed close to home. But, cabin fever was setting in so we set out! I bought dozen books, yippee new reading material!!! I love the kindle, but you can't always get older books for a decent price, and the free or cheap books are often the self published and just cry out for a good editor. So I'm a happy girl.

Feeling a little bad, though. I'm very non confrontational but got into it a little with another person staying in the motel. This is a woman in her 30s who sits on the sidewalk and smokes all day. No problems with that, but she has her rat on a string dog with her. No problems with that, but there's no string. This yappy dog comes running up to folks walking by, barking and snapping at feet. Not just once, this has been going on for weeks. Of course she calls/yells at the dog, who totally blows her off. I told her today if the dog got close enough I was going to kick it so she needed to keep it on a leash. Told her I'd really hate to break her dog but I'm sick of it. She responded that the dog was harmless, told her that really wasn't the point and she was being rude and irresponsible. We'll see if a string shows up....

6. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    There is a leash law in Ohio for that reason. You had every right to confront her on the issue. Just imagine if she had kids how out of control they would be[​IMG]

Have a great, pain free day! One more day closer!

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That dog encounter reminds me of the old joke. A man asks another guy if his dog bites. The man says no, he doesn't. The first guy tries to pet the dog and gets bitten; he says "hey, you told me your dog doesn't bite!" The man says "That's not my dog".

Happy morning Rachel and Team, hope it's a good one for all of us!

8. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Good morning Rachel and Team. Rachel, I think it's time you edit the title of this thread - "My Leukemia WAS Back but I Kicked it's A** !!"

2 people like this.
  9. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I love dogs.. but yip-pie rude dogs are not on that list.
    I am proud of you for speaking up. Some people just do not realize or care.

Our alarm clock are the neighbors weenier dogs. Whenever they let them out they bark like they are attacking bears.
    At least they have stooped the 11:30 and 3:30 pee breaks. Their back door is about 12 feet from my bedroom window.
    It has just not occurred to them.
    My husband yelled over the barricade fence."This is not a magic fence. It does not stop sound waves. You need to be more respectful of other people."
    So now we only get yipping between the hours of 6am and 10pm

Don't push the release envelope to hard Rachel.
    They set it up for a reason and you do not want it all to fall apart after you have done so much to get to this point.

10. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    UGH, yes!! We, too, are plagued by wiener dogs next door. It amazes me how the dog owners cannot hear their dog barking but everyone else can. I'm a light sleeper - I have been driven to tears out of frustration from the barking keeping me awake. I actually had one of them look at me, straight faced, and respond to my mention of their disruptive barking with, "Oh, I know, isn't it awful? That's why we let them out - it is just too loud when they do it in the house". Um.............I honestly couldn't even respond to it in the moment. I absolutely detest barking dogs and, more so, dog owners who do nothing to quiet them. Yes, dogs bark - but that does not mean you have to let them sit and do it. My dogs bark to alert - and I thank them for the notice and give a quieting command. When we are out playing they get a few fun "play barks", but I don't let them go on and on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by