1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    [​IMG]

That is great news!

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]

Big big hug. Make sure someone is video taping your dogs welcoming you home.
    I need to see it.

3. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    I am so happy right now!!!

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    It all worked. It is done. you did it.
    [​IMG]

5. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    And, all God's people said, PRAISE GOD!!! AMEN!!!!

3 people like this.
  6. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Chislic is out of the freezer as of now! Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill wine chilling, and bought a case of Oreos! Let the party begin!!!

I'm gonna get sappy for a minute here. Rachel, I am so proud of your courage. Even on dark days you managed to find a little humor, and your unflagging faith is a true testament to what can be handled with the power of prayer. I almost wish we hadn't met this way......I wish it would have been over a cup of coffee in a friendly little diner somewhere. I said "almost" because the timing wasn't in our hands, but in the Good Lord's, and we connected just before our family learned that our precious little Ashley would be facing the same battle. It helped me so much to understand what she'll be facing as time goes on. And your family reminds me so much of the way our family has rallied around Ascher, and her mom Jenna and dad Chad.

And Team Rachel, well, you guys are all crazy! But you stayed supportive from the start and saw it through to the end. You never stopped praying, laughing, teasing and reaching out your loving hands. I am honored to know every one of you!

Now, pass the potato salad. Today Rachel's fantastic news has me feeling invincible and I can handle that green stuff just fine!

7. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Shall I make the standard version: Parsley, chives, mayo and mustard with a splash of zesty italian, with or without hard boiled eggs, or should I make blue cheese? Maybe some of each?

8. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Both please! And a good bucket of FF because I can cook Chislic and Chops with Apples 'n Onions and buffalo but can't seem to handle a simple batch of FF! [​IMG]

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    OK, we knew this day would finally come - your last hug. [​IMG] To say that I am happy for you and your family would be a massive understatement.

10. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Oh my...you're really going home?!?! How wonderful Rachel! Absolutely wonderful!

So when's the party? Tomorrow? I have lasagna made, just need to heat it up.

Jan brought balloons. What about piñatas, how do you all feel about piñatas?
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by