My leukemia's back.

Hi All! Any updates for anyone?

caf.gif

No problem on the names, NFC. It got confusing, I admit. No word yet on Kendra this morning. I'm going to have my coffee, grab a shower, and head up there. I apologize for derailing Rachel's thread last night. Kinda sorta panicked!

Anyone heard from the guest of honor? I feel it's only fair to tell you that I had nightmares about Arvid last night - he was a goat who kept turning into that 8th grade face......<shudder>

No problem on the names, NFC. It got confusing, I admit. No word yet on Kendra this morning. I'm going to have my coffee, grab a shower, and head up there. I apologize for derailing Rachel's thread last night. Kinda sorta panicked!

Anyone heard from the guest of honor? I feel it's only fair to tell you that I had nightmares about Arvid last night - he was a goat who kept turning into that 8th grade face......<shudder>
last post was two days ago.

I love being home!

Sorry for being MIA but I promised to not be on the computer the first day home.

We did tape my reunion with the dogs, but they really didn't do much beside try to knock me over. Eve did keep getting off the sofa and coming over to put her head on my lap though, and that's unheard of. She's such a sweetie. Roscoe has finally let me out of his sight, but he's keeping an eye on me most of the time.

Such wonderful food! I'm drooling still. I've got to dig some ground beef out of the freezer for lasagna.

It's going to be a learning curve figuring out how much I can do, and when to rest. Did a little too much yesterday, but I sure slept good! Honey had to work today, so the boys and I are just kind of hunkered down at home. I have to remind the boys I'm really still recovering, even though I'm home I'm nowhere near 100%. In fact, I can't get in our truck by myself....we have a lifted Dodge and the step is too high, my leg muscles are too weak. Good thing my Honey's a strong guy, plus he really didn't mind boosting me in as it gave him an excuse to touch my rear. Poor guy's been alone a long time lol.

No extra peanut butter jars this time, but there's a 5 gallon bucket full of eggs sitting on the kitchen floor. Yep, 5 gallons of eggs. I have no idea how old they are or how long they've been there. Honey says they're for the pigs. Okay, I'm not eating them, that's for sure! Apparently I need to sell off some hens, or start selling eggs.

Blooie, how's Kendra? I really don't mind hearing other's stories here. I've thought about maybe just transitioning over to the Front Porch thread as I'm going to try not to spend so much time on line. Not sure how that's going to work out, I love my byc friends so much and it's just relaxing to come on here.....

Yayyy! Great to hear from you! Five gallons of eggs? GALLONS??? Those are going to be some very happy pigs!! We are all so delighted for you and for your family, both human and critter! Glad you enjoyed the party! I had a blast - and way to much to eat! What a great group of people you have gathered around you - even if I have been having nightmares about a goat turning into Arvid and then Ken disappearing.

Kendra's doing okay, thanks for asking, and she's in the Good Lord's hands. Took a down-turn this afternoon after doing well this morning, but as you know all too well that in and of itself isn't always significant. She has decided that the only fun thing in the hospital is doing the nebulizer treatments - she likes seeing the little cloud of mist appear when she breathes out and disappear when she breathes in. Frankly I wish they'd transfer her up to Billings where they are more familiar with and equipped for pediatric care, but it's not my call. They had a hard time finding IV catheters and needles small enough for her, and they still messed up the left arm and had to redo it in the right. Our biggest obstacle is communication. We can't tell her, "This isn't going to hurt" or "This will hurt for a minute and then you can have that popsicle" because she doesn't understand that. She can't tell us what hurts, how she feels, if she's too hot or too cold - it's all a guessing game. And she's had so many medical things that as soon as she sees someone come in with scrubs on she starts to panic. She'll get through this....she's tough.

I know you don't mind, but I just feel guilty using your page for Kendra and Ashley's stuff.

Update - after a disastrous evening, Kendra rallied during the night and is doing so much better she gets to come home today. She'll be on home oxygen and the nebulizer, but Jenny had this same thing two weeks ago so she has all that stuff at home already. The surprise of the overnight hours came around 12:00am, when Jenny got violently ill. She was taken over to ER while one of the nurses stayed at Kendra's bedside. Based on what she was describing and what they observed, they ran a quick upper GI series on her and whattaya know - Jenny has an active ulcer. Now, I don't pretend to know the difference between an ulcer and an active ulcer, but they do so that counts I guess. She had the same doctor Kendra has - he just chuckled and told Jenny, "Well, it's not like you don't have any stress in your life!" Between a job, a hubby and home, a 9 year old with mild autism and a 3 year old with Spina Bifida, her stress level should be non-existent, right? Anyway, they'll both be home today. Thanks for all the prayers and support! Need to copy and paste this to the Front Porch so I don't have to type it all again, then I need to run up to Walmart (it's only 50 miles one way) and pick up Jenny and Kendra's prescriptions! Thank you all again!

Back
Top Bottom