My leukemia's back.

I enjoy the occasional visit to the cemetery as well. All of our family bought plots in the local community cemetery, so I'm surrounded by family in our section. Al, like you, I too find it gives a sense of being connected, and rooted. Another thing, being the community cemetery, most of the families I grew up knowing, have relatives, or they are buried there. I know who the majority of the people are that are in there.

I enjoy the occasional visit to the cemetery as well. All of our family bought plots in the local community cemetery, so I'm surrounded by family in our section. Al, like you, I too find it gives a sense of being connected, and rooted. Another thing, being the community cemetery, most of the families I grew up knowing, have relatives, or they are buried there. I know who the majority of the people are that are in there.
yep, I like that.

I feel sad for the ones that moved off and died in who knows where. Not that it really matters I guess once one is dead.

But it makes ME feel better having them all together. Seeing the daughters with their husbands and kids right over yonder, the man who carted back the dead body of my uncle (many times back) so he could be buried close to kin buried with his family under some oaks... and then that man died of the same illness that took the uncle. I like standing there and knowing all of their stories and how they all wove together.

The ones missing from the cemetery, are my parents. Late in their lives, they moved to KY. They wanted to be cremated, and their ashes spread by a huge, old, oak tree on the property of the church they attended. I know they are with the Lord, and they're fine. I do try once a year to pay for flowers on the alter of their church, in memory of them.

Sweet Linda has no grave. She was cremated, per her request, and her hubby Russ will be too when his time comes. Then, just as Ken and I have planned to do for us for decades, Russ’s ashes will be added to the urn that Linda’s earthy remains are in. So this year I’ll make a donation to the Dougherty Hospice House in Linda’s name as well as a donation in Rachel’s name. It’s what I did for them both when they passed away, and it felt right.

I’m sorry to disappoint.....well, kinda sorta but not really! :lau

Almost 3 years after losing Miss Molly, we got a new puppy! Timing stinks what with all the traveling we’ve got going on, but Tam and Evan fell in love with her too so she’ll stay with them when we have to leave town. Her name is Fiona, and she’s been our dream dog for almost 40 years. Every time we were looking into getting one, something got in the way. This time she nearly fell into our laps and we couldn’t pass on the opportunity. So our Irish Wolfhound is here! She’s 17 weeks old, and she’s sooooo good!

View attachment 1399164 View attachment 1399165 View attachment 1399166
Gentle Giants! Great Dogs!

Back
Top Bottom