My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I decided Go-Go boots would clash with my western tack, so never asked for any. My fringed jacket did look fine with my tack, though.

[​IMG]

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Oh yes, fringe and western wear are a perfect match!

3. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Nope, just making a childish point about the Mama Heating Pad system being like a giant MRI and damaging chicks because of the magnetic field it puts out. <sigh> I got over it. Now, if you want to see what my darling daughter did to the same picture of Agatha later this afternoon, I just happen to have one........

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Blooie, glad to see your smiling face again!

Show us the Agatha picture please!

5. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    You are all witnesses.....NFC asked!!

[​IMG]

Agatha, the Original

[​IMG]
    Agatha the Alien Deflector
    [​IMG]
    And Agatha as Atlilla the Hen

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Those are hilarious! [​IMG]

Seriously? Someone said a heating pad was "like a giant MRI and damaging chicks because of the magnetic field it puts out"? We are talking about a regular old heating pad, probably like the one I use sometimes when my back hurts, right? Wow. Maybe I should get one of those alien deflector hats just in case.

7. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Now, in all fairness I must say that she just asked the question...because her husband said it would and he has 30 years as a Master A. I'm ashamed to say that I got a little hot-headed over that one, especially after I asked the man who once literally co-wrote the Navy's electrical textbooks about it. He also has two degrees in the electrical field and spent 26 years working in shipboard electrical, electronics, instrumentation, de-gaussing, was Director of the Electrical school in Great Lakes, and was the electrical officer on board both an aircraft carrier, the USS Constellation, and a battleship, the USS Wisconsin, just before he retired and spent the next 10 years as a licensed electrician in the civilian world. He said there would be a field but that it would be so minascule that it would be almost negligible, because the frame isn't acting as a coil. He also said that a 250 W heat lamp draws 2.8+ amps and the heating pads we use in brooding draw 1.5. So if the lady who asked the question because she firmly believes the only way to raise chicks is with a heat lamp is like almost everyone who uses one, she is putting out more of a magnetic field than we are. That's because most of those folks tend to coil up the cord to help support the lamp and to keep the cord from contacting the fixture forming - yup - a magnetic coil.

Anyway, I kinda resented being made to feel like an idiot, especially after the same lady was posting on other threads about how stupid any other system but a heat lamp was and <hanging head in shame> I overreacted. So my daughter took a picture of Agatha she had and emailed me that picture of Agatha the Alien Deflector. I was dared by someone to post it, but instead I used it as my Avatar for today for two reasons - first because it was so funny and fit the situation, and second to remind me that every post and every picture I put up is seen by a lot more people than the ones I'm irritated with, so I need to watch it more carefully. Didn't help. I still got mad, but it made me feel better anyway.

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    She was probably just jealous because she isn't part of the fringe [​IMG] (you would never be an idiot).

9. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

My Grandfather always said if he was in a war, he wanted all of the guys in the trench with him to have ' good ol' horse sense ' not book smarts.

I was working for a living before I figured out what he meant. He was a smart man.......

10. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    I am officially considered fringe by my daughter! You all had me laughing & she could not figure out what was so funny & why I was laughing!
    Nominating Blooie as the #1 fringer here.
    :)
    I have never seen a toilet paper tree such as that one before! So funny!
    That would supply a bunch of thru hikers for weeks if it was on a trail & didn't rain for awhile. Can you see it in your mind?
    Wish I had know to switch during my 5 pregnancies. Went from a 23" waist to over 63" at 30 weeks with the first. Stopped measuring after that because it was to eye popping and mind blowing. He came in at 23" & just under 12 lbs.
    Thankfully the rest were all below that size.
    How are everyone's families doing?
    Rachel, how is the staging parts of dinner coming? Find any more eggs? Maybe peacocks would work better than bunnies? ;-) Keep healing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by