My leukemia's back.

Sold 9 birds last night, including one rooster--yippee! Broke down and sold my Camo egg hen. I was ambivalent about selling her, I love her distinctive eggs but she had no place whatsoever in any of my breeding plans and space is getting to be at a premium, plus feed is spendy. So, in the box she went! Still have my blue and splash blue egg layers, I need to take some pics and re-write my ad to market them better.

Saw the PA today, a new one for me. Told him I need some actual treatment of these swollen feet and legs, not just management. It's not like I'm an older person with CHF and these swollen legs are just a fact of life, I'm thinking they need to be fixed and no one seems interested in doing that. My weight was up several pounds from last week and it's all in my legs. I can hardly walk most nights, it just hurts too much. So, he said he's start me on a mild diuretic (HCTZ). Honey went to the pharmacy this pm and it had never been called in. I'll follow-up tomorrow but the cynical part of me is thinking he'll order a teeny tiny baby dose that will be worthless. I shouldn't get worked up before I know for sure, but again I'm feeling like I'm having to fight to get things taken care of. On a good note, I made it past the 100 days, so taco salad will be on the menu for dinner soon--as soon as I can get a guy to dig some ground beef out of the way bottom of the chest freezer for me lol.

Sold 9 birds last night, including one rooster--yippee! Broke down and sold my Camo egg hen. I was ambivalent about selling her, I love her distinctive eggs but she had no place whatsoever in any of my breeding plans and space is getting to be at a premium, plus feed is spendy. So, in the box she went! Still have my blue and splash blue egg layers, I need to take some pics and re-write my ad to market them better.

Saw the PA today, a new one for me. Told him I need some actual treatment of these swollen feet and legs, not just management. It's not like I'm an older person with CHF and these swollen legs are just a fact of life, I'm thinking they need to be fixed and no one seems interested in doing that. My weight was up several pounds from last week and it's all in my legs. I can hardly walk most nights, it just hurts too much. So, he said he's start me on a mild diuretic (HCTZ). Honey went to the pharmacy this pm and it had never been called in. I'll follow-up tomorrow but the cynical part of me is thinking he'll order a teeny tiny baby dose that will be worthless. I shouldn't get worked up before I know for sure, but again I'm feeling like I'm having to fight to get things taken care of. On a good note, I made it past the 100 days, so taco salad will be on the menu for dinner soon--as soon as I can get a guy to dig some ground beef out of the way bottom of the chest freezer for me lol.

Hi Rachel!

What is a Camo hen? I don't think I've read of that one before.

Hope you get the new doc on board with the leg treatments so you can be more comfortable.

Yay, you made it past the 100 day mark! That's a milestone worth celebrating!

caf.gif
Good morning, all.

Some colored egg layers lay colors that are a little outside the box. A camo colored egg is not green or olive or brown. It is somewhere between the three colors. I had a hen that laid a 'gray' egg. Not kidding! I matched a piece of the shell to a paint sample at Wal~Mart.

Last edited:
frow.gif

Blooie, don't let the difficult people get you down. Some battles are not worth the grief.
I think this place is important for education purposes, but mostly for encouragement.
The ones that get annoyed with the kids, or have to have their opinions be fact... they won't stick around. They will become too angry and too frustrated to stay.
Some people love the fight, the argument... if you don't engage them they get bored and go looking for another person to bait.

But we did get a great Attila the Hen pic out of it.
Keep on smiling.

Rachel...feet up just because your 100 days are up doesn't mean you should be at 100%. heal as your body allows, don't push it.

And as far as dinner goes... some days require peanut butter. Hand them a jar and three spoons and tell 'em to tuck in.

Just a bit of an overreaction on my part, and it's over and done. Think I'll keep the Alien Defender photo though, just in case. I hate arguing and usually avoid it at all costs. But sometimes.......

When I think time is dragging, I read things like "100 days" and think, "WOW!! Already?" Give 'em a little jam with that peanut butter! You know what they say about a spoonful of sugar! Besides, I happen to know where there are 35 jars of strawberry/rhubarb jam. Granddaughter Little Diane learned how to make it while they were here, and she caught on to the entire process so fast I was stunned!

Girls are all fine. Ashley is into her new round of chemo and keeps smiling, even though her last lumbar puncture wasn't an easy one on her. Kendra has totally recovered from her pneumonia and that's not something I care to see her go through ever again - or at least until she can engage in some kind of communication and better understand what they are doing to her and why. After seeing her confusion and terror during this hospitalization, I'm not looking forward to her big surgery coming up next year. But baby steps, right?

Someone special sent her a little gifty. She'll be here today while Mom goes to work and I can't wait to try it on her. Yep, I'll take pictures, but her secret admirer will remain secret! Makes it more fun that way.

Still no babies out of Agatha's nest and it's day 22. I hate patience - I don't have the patience to be patient.

Some colored egg layers lay colors that are a little outside the box. A camo colored egg is not green or olive or brown. It is somewhere between the three colors. I had a hen that laid a 'gray' egg. Not kidding! I matched a piece of the shell to a paint sample at Wal~Mart.

That's cool! The only camo I could picture was more along these lines:

That would make egg hunting a challenge, lol

Thanks for the explanation @enola !

woot.gif

celebrate.gif
on the 100 days, and

love.gif
the pictures, Blooie!
thumbsup.gif
to the secret admirer. As always, praying that Kendra and Ashley continue to make baby steps, and giant ones, too!

Thanks for sharing Blooie, that's a wonderful little model you have there!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom