My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    And I'd say that it won't be much longer and Sugar Monkey is not going to be happy about being Sugar Monkey....might start thinking about some more, um, he-man names. Well, I'm a fine one to talk, I guess, so never mind! Little Diane is in her 20s and a married woman, and weI still call her "Tootsie Roll", Bumbley, or Baby Diane. <sigh>

Yes, what NFC said....shake that cold!

2. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md

Yes! Whoever eats it can also keep the mustache.

Cool egg. I would agree it would be fun to have that egg in the egg basket.

3. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Blooie, Is this one better for you? No bad memories allowed! [​IMG]

And Rachel, Agreed... Don't make us come over! We would then have to bring our many chickens, bunnies, dogs and, of course, Arvid the goat. So don't make us! Have your awesome honey make that taco salad and get the hamburger out of the freezer. Then you can make a comment about does he need some help getting warmed up?!
    Hmm now that I think about it... that would make a party!
    S.M. could be the new version...still meaning sugar monkey. Sounds like a nice time for him. Enjoy it.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Sugar Monkey is just how I refer to him on line, I rarely call him that in person. He'd probably prefer it to his in person nickname, though....Turkeybutt. Sometimes Turkel. or even Turk.

Poor kid.......

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Arvid? Did someone call for Arvid?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh, but nicknames are a sign of affection, right? And, and the more nicknames one has attached to them, the more affectionately they are regarded, right? So when you call him these things, you are reminding him how much he is loved.[​IMG]

(Or maybe just reminding him about the fringe element he's related to)[​IMG][​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nicknames:

DW - Princess, Bulldog, E

DS - Onion

DD - Pickle, Weasel

Sour - Mr Perfect [​IMG]

Yes, signs of affection - to a point.

8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I only had one nick name for my son and it is a sweet common cute little name... but he shoots lightning bolts from his eyes and growls if you use it.
    So...We only use in front of girls.

9. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    Terms of endearment for my better half: Mr. Mows It All (because he takes such pride in his lawn, and loves to mow his lawn... and mows it so very well that he sometimes forgets where lawn ends, and Lazys gardens begin. He's mowed down high bush blue berries, and rhubarb. Takes special delight in mowing down zucchini. I once caught him trying to mow down a cherry tree.) I now put big boulders at corners of my gardens. Other term of endearment: Hyacinth. Named after the lady in the British sit. com. I forget the name of the show. But her husband's name was Richard. She hen pecked the daylights out of him. He never could eat a piece of toast, or finish a cup of tea b/c the minute he'd start, she'd be whisking it away, and cleaning up. I'll get stuff out to start a project, and hubby will come along behind me and "do a favor" by putting it all away. It's taken me 41 years of marriage to train him to leave my half finished drinks so I can finish them! As much fun as it is to tease him, he's been an incredible support with my gardening and chickening, even though they are so far removed from his interests!

10. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Oh, I just LOVED to watch "Keeping up Appearances!" I get to be Onslo......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by