My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    [​IMG]

*POOF*

2. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    You know, I can see it, I can see Sour doing that, lol!

Now that was stylin'! Did everybody have a shoulder bag with gobs of fringe on it at one time or another?

3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I never had the fringe. But, hubby and I started dating in high school. I tell you, we were quite the "item". I did a lot of sewing back then. He had a nice mustache, I had hair down to my butt. I made us several pairs of matching hip-hugger bell bottom pants. As I recall, there were the red/white/blue striped ones, and there were the puke green/mustard yellow/brown and black striped ones.

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Wow, that brought back some fashion flashbacks! Hip hugger bell bottoms were the bomb, lol.

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I remember the bell bottoms. I had a white leather jacket with fringes.

6. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    So tell me - is it just me or were bell bottoms the most comfortable britches ever? Loose, flowing - and so soft! I am all about comfort! When I was expecting our kids, long about the 4th month when the little pooch started I'd switch over from regular panties with those thin, cut-into-you-like-dental-floss waistbands and leg openings to men's jockey shorts and I wore nothing but those the entire rest of the pregnancies. Got a few strange looks from nurses during doctor visits, until one of the nurses who was also expecting changed over too. She ended up recommending them to all of the ladies who came in for prenatal care. When my girls were expecting their babies, they did the same thing, and so did Rachel when she was expecting first great-grandson Landyn and most recently great-granddaughter Madelyn. Joy, who was married to my late grandson Austin and has since remarried, is expecting her first baby in September and she's all over this idea!

I'm a rebel!!!

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    You, Blooie, are part of the fringe. Long live the fringe!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Blooie is indeed the epitome of the fringe. We fringers applaud you. [​IMG]

9. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    <bowing>

10. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Blooie... Your new avatar is cute. but, truthfully I loved your smiling face. I will miss it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by