My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes, yes indeed. [​IMG]

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Life is about the fun. I used to be so much more wrapped up in the work involved, but now, heck- If there was no fear of getting crushed by a horse, I'd say go join them.
    There will always be work. washing horses is like mowing grass. It is just as short after you mow it than if you mowed when it's long or mowed when it is it short. (A dirty horse is a bit more work to wash- but they had a great time.)

3. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    [​IMG]
    @3goodeggs - have you ever washed a horse? If so, you know that the first thing that will happen when you turn him out after his bath - guaranteed, you could bet your life savings on it - is he will go down and roll in the dirt. EVERY TIME. Unless you tie him up until he's dry, or put him in a squeaky-clean stall, the horse you just spent so much time cleaning up will soon look like he's been wallowing with the pigs.

So for the sake of my sanity, I figure to just let them dry, and go brush the mud off. That's one of the nice things about horses in the summertime - stuff really doesn't stick to that short, slick coat.

Though one of these days, it would be nice to get pictures of them when they really are clean.[​IMG]

4. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Wash a horse?? fuuhgedaboutit...no way no how. Every time they are clean they run back to the dirt and roll in it! Worse than pigs. But funnier to see them roll in it! :)
    Thanks for the shirt! I always wanted one. Now to enter my art.
    Rachel, You need to find another way to boost your honey. Just saying...
    :)

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'm sure Honey appreciates all your concern for his well-being [​IMG]

Taking it easy today. this "new normal" thing kind of stinks. I don't know if I can do something until I try, but man yesterday really wiped me out. This am we put a tarp on my broody pen for shade, and I've done a little more unpacking. That and cooking dinner are about my plans for the day. Didn't even make it to church this morning.

6. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Neither did we make it to church on time! Woke up at 10:50 for a 10:00 service start. 8-/ Oops! We did make it to the fundraising bake sale afterwards at 11:45. But someone else was giving away free snacks and drinks so it kinda killed the "sale" part of the fundraising. It was still nice to go to support the bake sale.
    Next time we have a party I am going to make what my oldest son just made. You take a bag of chocolate chips, or into a pan then place marshmallows on top, bake for a few minutes then quick broil to brown. Then use graham crackers to dip into it. Awesome!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  7. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    <waving hands wildly> I'm still here, Team! Just gonna be playing catch-up for a couple of days. Rachel, glad you're home and not needing a tush push to get into the truck anymore. As for the rest of it, do what you can when you can - it's been my experience that it ain't going anywhere so whenever you get around to it is good enough!

1 person likes this.
  8. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    You know, that sounds great but, marshmallows dipped in pan warmed Nuttella would be the bomb!

9. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Ooh, that chocolate chip/marshmallow dip sounds good! Dangerous, but good.

Blooie, hope things are well with the girls.

Rachel, try not to push yourself too hard. You've been blessed with a loving family, let them do for you.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

10. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Good morning Rachel and all. I had a restless night-back and leg pain. Getting ready for work. Going to be a long day.[​IMG] At least I only have to work 8a-2pm.

Ditto on the neighbor issue. Last year hubby & I was trying to buy the property next to us (9 acres)-we have 3 already. Anyway, I took off work for a week of vacation so we could get paperwork and all together, well, checked the realtor website on Monday (1st day of vac) and it said "Pending-May accept back up offers". Called the realtor only to have her call us back & tell us it's a done deal and they close on Thursday. I've met the new neighbor, they haven't started building yet. I was worried about my chickens occasionally flying over there. He said no worries because he too will have chickens, & guineas, & peacocks, and various other animals. Ummm, great.....? LOL! You never know. I've since mended the broken spots in the fence to keep my chickens over on our own property.

Have a good day everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by