My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Happy Mother’s Day! Hope the Moms here all have a fantastic day!!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    So I'm a bit down and hopefully unloading will help. I have a friend (heavy ex user of chewing tobacco) who developed cancer of the larynx. He was given chemo and put into remission for several years. Well it came back a bit ago metastasized to his bones. Treatment had been going okay, but a recent fall and bone/muscle damage have resulted in a major 'attack' on the part of the cancer. Spoke to him today, and he has not given up the battle but is starting to make plans for relocating some of his dogs. I told him that I would raise, start and train a litter of pups with the optimistic outlook that they would eventually be returned to him. I'm not optimistic. :(

drumstick diva, ronott1 and getaclue like this.
  3. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

Oh.... wow.

Yeah... not optimistic. :hit

:hugs so sorry

drumstick diva, getaclue and sourland like this.
  4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thanks, 'Al', I put off this phone call as long as I could. :oops: "The worst part of getting old is not the physical infirmities it's the fact that so many of the people that you care about have already died." That's a quote from my Mom many years ago. I didn't fully grasp the total meaning then, but now it has become my new reality.

5. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    I’m so sorry! I hate it sometimes that we’re getting to the age where bridal showers,weddings, and baby showers are being replace with a sadder ceremony. :hugsI’ll certainly add him to my prayer list!

drumstick diva and sourland like this.
  6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thanks, Blooie.

drumstick diva likes this.
  7. getaclue

getaclue Crossing the Road

Jun 19, 2013
    Central Florida
    mothers_day_2_acf.gif

drumstick diva likes this.
  8. getaclue

getaclue Crossing the Road

Jun 19, 2013
    Central Florida
    Dh has redeeming qualities, which is why I keep him around. Yesterday, he told me and Dd 1 to go to Outback, or somewhere nice to eat, to avoid the Mother's day crowds, and he'd watch the kids. We did. When we got home, they were all watching The Hulk movie, and sort of ignored us. They did manage to tell us that grandpa had taken them all to pick up pizzas, and after they ate their pizza, he gave them some cookies for dessert. Everyone, including my husband, told us we had come home too soon.

The movie was almost over, so in a few minutes, when it finished, they all ran to put on their bathing suits. Grandpa had told them they were going to do a "night swim". They all went swimming for about an hour, dried off, and put their clothes back on. Once again, everyone, including my husband, told us we had come home too soon.

When they all got dressed, they gathered at grandpa's desk. They were each given a flashlight, and told of something they were to find. The baby was to find a leaf, the middle child was to find an anthill, the oldest was to find a rock. They all walked around the yard together having a great time going "flashlight hunting".

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    @getaclue - it's all about creating memories. Tell your husband "Well Done Sir."

drumstick diva, Alaskan and getaclue like this.
  10. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

Feb 19, 2012
    monroe county indiana
    My Coop
    Ditto to Sour, GAC, thank him and tell him next time to tell you how long he wants you out and have a couple or 3 pre made texts on his end that when you text he can send saying come home now, wait at least a half hour (or whatever) and stay out way longer. that will clear up much confusion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: