My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] PARTY! I'll bring the potato salad.

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I'm going to bring cake!

[​IMG]

Hope that's enough!

3. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    So what'll it be? More chislic 'n beer or pig cheeks?

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Chislic 'n beer for me please Blooie. [​IMG]

5. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    You got it! Think I'll make up some pig cheeks anyway, just on accounta I love 'em!

6. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    I'm going to whip up some fresh squeezed lemonade and fry up some beer batter dipped zucchini. I'll bring the ranch for dipping[​IMG]

I'll get the steaks into some steak marinade and they should be ready for the grill by tonight.

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Oooh, that zucchini sounds good!

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    My sisters came over from central Oregon yesterday to visit [​IMG]. We had a nice time, very low key. Plus, they hand delivered me some Faverolles hatching eggs, got the incubator stabilizing as we speak and should be able to put them in tonight or tomorrow!

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    How fun Rachel! So your sisters raise chickens too?

10. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Nope, one of my sisters is a city girl and the other's husband has a thing against chickens. I'd seen this thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/628280/lf-salmon-faverolles-hatching-eggs-for-sale-12-buy-it-now

and wanted some Faverolles for a sex link breeding project, and they looked like nice birds. I figured my sisters would give them a smoother ride than the USPS [​IMG]

So, we're having a hard day here today. Our new dog addition, Hank, busted through the fiberglass panel on my greenhouse coop and killed 2 hens this am. One was one of my second generation mixed breeds, a barred green egg layer, the other a hatchery barred Holland. Honey was all for shooting him.....but Sugar Monkey loves him. Our neighbor had mentioned a month or so if we needed to get rid of the dog he'd take him, his current dog is aging and got his butt kicked by a raccoon recently. I'm not sure the whole next-door thing is going to work, though. Neighbor's had to reinforce the fence cause Hank's been back over here at least once, and having him so close may actually be harder on Sugar Monkey, I'm not sure. I tell him it's better than being dead [​IMG]. I'm pretty upset at losing that hen, she was a great layer and I was using her for my blue sex links.....I hadn't refrigerated her last egg yet so it will go in the incubator with the Faverolles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by