My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. N F C

N F C just 1 more cup pls Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I'm sorry for your loss @Poka Doodle . That's a hard thing to go through.

2. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Rachel, it's hard to be patient waiting to get back up to speed, isn't it. I think we all probably take for granted all that we can do (or used to do) and it can be frustrating. But you've been through a lot and it's going to take more than a couple months...so...GO TAKE A NAP! Nothing wrong with that and you might feel even more your old self with some extra zzz's!
    [​IMG]

3. Poka Doodle

Poka Doodle Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2015
    Colorado

4. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    Ditto, that on the napping, Rachel. You do what ever it takes. If you need to sleep for 4 hours in the middle of the day, turn the phone off, and JUST DO IT. If you're tired, your body is telling you what it needs. Listen to it. Right now, it's smarter than you are! And... I don't mean that as an insult. Just that sometimes, we women don't give ourselves permission to take care of our own needs until the needs of every one else around us are met... so for us, sometimes, our needs never get met!

1 person likes this.
  5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] good morning, all.

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Sour and everyone.

All that talk yesterday about napping and being tired wore me out, well that and the non-stop all day rain. I ended up taking an hour nap myself. I'm so easily swayed, lol. Felt good though!

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'm not only a chicken enabler, now I'm a NAP enabler, also! Mwahhh--haaa-haaa! My plans for world domination are achieving fruition!

Or not.

We've got a fire going to the north of us, so smoky and icky outside I'm staying in as much as possible. Maybe I'll dig through the freezer and look for a nice roast to go in the crockpot, that sounds good.

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Oooh, crockpot roast, yum. I love that with onions, carrots and potatoes. And leftovers make wonderful soup. The price of beef has been so ridiculous, we haven't had one for a while. Maybe we'll get lucky and a stray cow wander onto our property!

Rachel, you enabler, don't be talking to me about naps now. I don't need any tempting!

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Oh honey, I about had a heart attack buying that roast [​IMG]. It's been so long since I've bought any beef besides ground or rib steak, I honestly had no idea. Well, I'm craving beef enough I sucked it up and bought the thing, it's eating from the freezer for the rest of the week for sure. Once Honey starts working a priority will be to buy a 1/2 beef, it's going for around $3 lb hanging weight now. Much much cheaper!

But, the roast smells amazing! Yep, on a bed of onions and taters, and a good 2lbs of carrots in there cause we all fight over the carrots. Still have the crockpot in the garage cause it's so stinkin' hot here. Not sure if that's why I have absolutely no energy, I know the heat saps me even in the best of times.

10. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    The roast sounds so good! Hope you and the family really enjoy it.

This heat is wiping me out too, and I don't even have an excuse.........[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by