My leukemia's back.

Rachel, I had to laugh about the carrots. To me, they are as good as the roast! DH is a gentleman about letting me have most of them so it's all good.

Price of beef...sheesh, anyone else remember when hamburger was poor man's food?

Yea!!! Glad that realization helped you Rachel! That is a gift.

Need prayer for a couple of things- if you all don't mind me asking...
My van's transmission nearly died on the long way home from a very hard visit with my dysfunctional family(mom & brothers) so pray both of those get straightened out. My son dropped his bike last night going 5 mph. But the fall popped his shoulder out of joint (he put it back in place while laying there! 8-0!). And he broke his collarbone on an angle. It has slipped so that the bottom fractured piece is on top and overlapped. Pray it can be fixed and that the bone does not puncture the nearby vein!
Pray our ac and sliding glass door can be a reasonable cost to fix.
Lastly pray for my plantar fascitis in my feet (sp.?) Heals quickly.
Lord, help! We need grace and healing!
I would love a party! I would love some delicious yellow watermelon, juicy white peaches and freshly made pie!Got to go get those now for the party.

Last edited:
I just read this article and have to share in case you all don't see it...one of the funniest ones I've seen on BYC:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/how-to-have-marital-bliss-and-chickens-too

LOL! That article is so true in my home. DH is not a fan of the chickens which started as 6 and has grown to 150+. So, he tries to tell me that it's out of control....I remind him that I pay the feed bill, I pay the hired help (DD makes a whopping $7 a week!----She's only 9, so it's good money for her!), I feed them, water them, clean the coops, etc. He gets to enjoy the eggs for breakfast-which I cook!
big_smile.png

I have definitely used some of those tactics though. Thanks for sharing the link NorthFLChick! You all have a good day.

Good morning everyone!

@hbhoffman , sounds like you have a lot on your shoulders, hope things get better soon.

@Outpost JWB , glad you enjoyed the article. It reminded me of some of the conversations we've had here with sneaking chicks in.

Have a great day everybody!

Prayers for hb, especially for your son!

Blooie--how precious! I'm so, so sorry for a child that has to go through this, but she looks well. That Frozen stuff's gonna be popular forever, huh?

@Blooie , happy birthday to your dear GD! She looks thrilled (and such a cute cake)!

HB, when it rains, it pours! But, we know that HE can handle it! Is this the son that JUST went to bike camp? I'll surely pray for you and all that you've got going on. You could use a party! Can I make some soft chewy ginger cookies to go with those peaches???

Hi all! Definitely pouring around here.
My oldest son now had to decide if he wants to pay $4K +/- for the recommended surgery to properly repair the collarbone. Thankfully(?) his motorcycle is fine and it wasn't a moving mva- just a dropped bike.
My dh rear-ended someone and pretty much looked like he had totaled the car. (He was cited.) The good news was a friend was able to put it back together for $1100.
We are behind on rent ($3k?). No threat to having to move just have to catch up!
Off work for next three weeks. Good and bad.
Ok. Can we not have any more rain?
Thanks for letting me rant.
Blooie, very sweet and exciting to see her looking so good.
Thank you for the funny post on conversations!
LG, cookies and a glad of cold milk sounds awesome!
Help me remember. .. who was wanting to make the zero waste feed buckets here? I can take pictures to show what it looks like.
A roast... that sounds awesome! I do remember when ground beef was the poor woman's go to meat. But now it costs more to be the same thing! I have always wanted to buy a half of a cow but we don't ever seem to have enough $ to do that up front. About how much freezer space is that? Hmm,maybe I could save up for that for the fall?
How do you decide what type of cuts? How much hamburger and roast comes with it? What other cuts?
Sorry-long post.

Back
Top Bottom