My leukemia's back.

Well ..Dr called me concerning my husband and the test for his prostate. Long story short, he asked if we thought it would be best for him to go through surgery if he has cancer. He explained how slow this cancer is. How hard it would be on him with his Alzheimer's. I had never thought about it. Boy, did I start reading. Sure enough, it's slow. And yes, I know it would be hard on Scot. I did talk with him. He understood, I had to explain it a couple of times, but he says...no..no surgery. I like having him just the way he is right now..for a while longer. Going through what he would have to would have him declining even faster. So, no surgery.
:hugs

It sounds like a difficult but wise decision

Well ..Dr called me concerning my husband and the test for his prostate. Long story short, he asked if we thought it would be best for him to go through surgery if he has cancer. He explained how slow this cancer is. How hard it would be on him with his Alzheimer's. I had never thought about it. Boy, did I start reading. Sure enough, it's slow. And yes, I know it would be hard on Scot. I did talk with him. He understood, I had to explain it a couple of times, but he says...no..no surgery. I like having him just the way he is right now..for a while longer. Going through what he would have to would have him declining even faster. So, no surgery.

I think it's a proper decision. I know it's the one that I would choose.

Prostate cancer can also be fast. My dad had one he needed cryosurgery for, back when that was deemed "experimental." The surgeon said afterwards that the usual methods at that time would not have saved him, but that they wouldn't have known in time to rectify it.
I am fairly sure they can tell if the prostate cancer is fast from a biopsy. Of course this is fairly new

I am fairly sure they can tell if the prostate cancer is fast from a biopsy. Of course this is fairly new
I'm sure they can tell also--just pointing out that it IS important to have the diagnostics done even though it's not usually a big treatment issue.

Back
Top Bottom