My leukemia's back.

I don't know about burger quiche but mushroom & spinach quiche sounds awesome!

Have you ever tried freezing it? DH makes up 2 quiches at the same time, bakes both. We'll have one for dinner while the other one cools on the counter. Then we slice it into wedges and package them for the freezer. It warms up nicely in the toaster oven.

Too funny! You all are talking about quiche and tonight I was running short of time. So I scrambled eggs, dash of milk,3 cheeses & spices together then threw it into my cast iron dutch oven at 350' and ran out the door. Returned 25 minutes later to a nicely done crustless quiche/frittata. Threw that onto plates with homemade jam on toast. We all ran out the door again plates in hand. It was Good!
I think next will be the shredded kind of hash browns with eggs on top. Just need some bacon though...
Did I share that the dozen eggs we put in the fair scored 94/100? The grand champion was 95.5. It was amazing to see the very close scores on the entries! First time to put eggs in.
Beside hungry teens, what else uses a dozen and half eggs?

Too funny! You all are talking about quiche and tonight I was running short of time. So I scrambled eggs, dash of milk,3 cheeses & spices together then threw it into my cast iron dutch oven at 350' and ran out the door. Returned 25 minutes later to a nicely done crustless quiche/frittata. Threw that onto plates with homemade jam on toast. We all ran out the door again plates in hand. It was Good!
I think next will be the shredded kind of hash browns with eggs on top. Just need some bacon though...
Did I share that the dozen eggs we put in the fair scored 94/100? The grand champion was 95.5. It was amazing to see the very close scores on the entries! First time to put eggs in.
Breakfast casserole uses a bunch!

Didn't know you could enter eggs in the fair....What are they looking for? Size? Imperfections? DD wants to join 4H this year. I'm still iffy about the whole thing. We have chickens and rabbits, but most are not pure bred.

Congrats on your score though. That's awesome!

Our homemade eggnog uses that many yolks to make 1/2 gallon. It makes wonderful coffee creamer or just to drink straight. The chickens get scrambled egg whites when I make it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/eggnog-anytime

There is the ten egg pound cake that is on the BYC recipe board. You could male two. I made three to four a week when the girls were giving me a dozen and a half a day, but they have goten old and I get maybe three a day now. I have to store them up.

She did a great job illustrating that!
I will give it a try... when I am ready for that sink of dishes.
lol.png

She did a great job illustrating that!
I will give it a try... when I am ready for that sink of dishes.
lol.png

Yes she did, clear instructions and nice pictures. Make a deal with DH, you make the cake and he does the wash up...sounds 50/50 to me!

Back
Top Bottom