My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    That's the deal the Princess and I have except that I do the cooking and she does the clean up. Works for me. [​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Hey all, had to go visit my folks for an quick overnight trip--no internet. Back home safe and sound. Zucchini bread in the oven as we speak! It's a nice cool morning, perfect for baking. I may do some banana muffins also for the freezer.

My version of pecker pie would be creamed chicken and tots. Sautee a bunch of veggies, whatever you've got, add your cooked chicken, roux with butter and flour, I use milk for a white gravy with maybe some chicken base fro extra flavor. Let it bubble a little and you've got creamed chicken and veggies. Honey eats it straight, the rest of us love it over crispy tater tots. Good stuff!

I make breakfast sammiches and freeze them. I use tortillas some and make burritos sometimes, but I can get English muffins for $0.69 a pack at the bread store, that's pretty cheap. Thankfully I'm getting a good amount of eggs now, so they're a great breakfast. Or snack.

Granola in a bowl with milk, not so much with my guys. Granola bars will vanish. Go figure.

My mouth is about the same. Labs today, MD appt tomorrow. I'll see what he says about it then.

3. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That's how it works in our house too sourland...DH does most of the cooking and I clean up. I do the baking and I clean up. DH walks through the house and I clean up, lol. [​IMG]

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Rachel good luck with the appointment tomorrow. Wow, you sure get a good deal on the English muffins...we're doing good when we find a buy one/get one free deal. Your zucchini bread sounds good!

5. donrae

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I have to say the bakery outlet store has the best deals. Even places like Wal-Mart, the bread products seem sooo expensive to me. I love the outlet store. I go maybe once every other week, bring home two or three bags of product, toss some in the freezer. We don't do a lot of regular sandwich bread, they like bagels more. We use hoagie rolls and burger buns, and I have a weakness for the onion hamburger buns. They're $4 a pack at my local WM, at the outlet I can get them 5/$6 if they're close dated.

6. donrae

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Great. I baked my zucchini bread in a bundt pan this morning. Went in to flip it over and realized I forgot to grease or flour the pan.

[​IMG]

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    So it came out pre-sliced! We've all done it at some point. I bet it's still tasty.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Zucchini bread chunks - [​IMG]

9. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Sounds good to me! Make up some bourbon sauce (for bread pudding) & pour it over the top! If it lasts that long.....YUM!

10. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Now that sounds awesome! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by