My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    'Fiber'? We went to a wool and fiber fair at the local fair grounds. The Princess called it a 'knitters overload' - fiber and ideas abounding. This morning was breakfast at Cracker Barrel - she paid. [​IMG] Yesterday was a craft fair in Chester, NJ., and then in the evening a local theater performance of '9 to 5'. Tomorrow it's up at 5 and then drive 80 miles to a field trial. [​IMG] Aren't 'old' people supposed to slow down????

2. TheNeonPanther

TheNeonPanther Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2015
    Conroe/Willis, Tx
    My Coop
    Praying as much as I can for you..I can't imagine what you must go through every single day..[​IMG]
    Stay strong and never ever give up. We, your loved ones and most of all God is with you.

3. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Rachel, How was Thursdays appt.? Do slow down... a little. [​IMG] It is okay to rest.

Our appt. Friday wasn't what i thought it would be. I thought we would be getting testing and forms done. But it was more talk and here's what we do and how much out of pocket it is going to cost you. I like the practice very much! The stuff needs/has to be done for the documentation (Social Security/Dept. of Rehab. etc,) for the disabilities but the cost! [​IMG] [​IMG] My guys need this and there isn't another practice around that can dies this.

Blooie, When my Julia was about 8 she had gorgeous, long hair. Well, one morning I was hurting and slept in. She came to me in my half dazed sleep and said

Funny question... on a local chicken board someone posted the question of borrowing rooster for a ...shall we say meet up? Or a tryst?
    Working within biosecurity basics, has anyone done this as a way to have eggs and chicks without keeping (banned) roosters?

'

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Thank you!

5. donrae

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    hb....you okay there?

I wouldn't bring in a rooster to mate with my hens. Biosecurity, flock dynamics and what if he injured a hen? If I wanted chicks, I'd put a wanted ad out for fertile eggs. But, if you can't have the rooster to breed with, what are you going to do with the cockerels you hatch out? Seems like just causing a problem to me. I'd rather buy sexed pullets--10% is way better than 50%.

1 person likes this.
  6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Rachel, you asked about the Peanut Butter Chocolate pie I made...here's the recipe and a picture. Very simple, very good and only about 10k calories per slice (more or less).

Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1 Cup peanut butter
    1/2 Cup sugar
    4 oz. semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
    12 oz. Cool Whip ***
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 graham cracker crust ****

1. Beat cream cheese until smooth
    2. Add peanut butter, sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
    3. Fold in 8 oz. Cool Whip just until mixed
    4. Fill pie crust
    5. To make topping, melt chocolate chips
    6. Add 4 oz. Cool Whip into melted chocolate chips, gently blend
    7. Spread chocolate topping over pie
    8. Freeze at least 3 hours (keep in freezer after cutting)

*** The recipe called for Cool Whip but DH made whipping cream and I used that
    **** I would have made the crust but DH has been feeding the goats my graham crackers,
    had to resort to my emergency Keebler graham crust in the pantry

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Good grief! Don't even have to chew it - just smear it directly on the hips...easier to take off that way! Um, pass me a BIG slice, please! Looks fantastic and I don't even LIKE chocolate!

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Now that's high praise coming from someone that prefers savory to sweet and no chocolate! Thanks Blooie [​IMG]

9. donrae

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I was waiting for this! I just put a graham cracker crust in the fridge for just a regular pudding pie tonight. the pudding pie will be sugar free, but I'm thinking I'm going to make one of these next week when I'll be home alone more---no need for the guys to know, right?

10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Nope, no one needs to know, it will be our secrete! Shhhhh! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by