My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    X 2 [​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    thought of that, but I see the University docs tomorrow, so I think that's okay. I also need to ask them how long I need this prophylaxis. Is it as long as I'm on immune suppressants, is it for 1 year period, is it for life, etc. I don't recall anyone telling me. but yeah, so NOT doing that again.

3. PinkyLee

PinkyLee Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2014
    I don't have any kids .... WHAH! for the contest..... I wish I had a baby goat I'd submit that!

4. donrae

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
  5. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Okay, We need prayer: Last night/Today Julia just dodged getting put into the hospital again for acute bronchitis/almost pnuemonia. Please pray her pulse/ox levels stay above 95%/88, the nebulizer treatments, Respitory therapy and antibiotics work! And that her lungs clear out!!!! We still owe $9,000+ after insurance for the last 2 times...
    Felt guilty for working today but left her with her 16 y/o home schooled sister but I can't keep missing work. Pray too for a raise. Been asking for one for 2 years. I love(!) my job and it works for my family,school schedules, the decent hours and my families disabilities. No benefits but have no school/holidays/snow days and unpaid leave on a moments notice.
    And on another note, my oldest married dd just called in trouble with her new car. She thinks the axle just broke completely. She just bought and paid for this car. Sigh, It is pouring....

Rachel, any news yet?
    Blooie, Congrats!
    Sourland, got any good jokes?
    NFlorida, Is it cool there yet? Growing season is coming!
    Bunnylady, How are things your way?
    Who did I accidently leave off?

Forgot to mention my van came back from the shop: leaking master steering cylinder,leaking transmission, flashing "d" when driving and 3 other engine codes. Not good. I needed it to last me another year. ..just got done paying for it.

Somebody pass the death by chocolate ben and jerry's and the raw chocolate chip cookie dough please! Then pass me my bible.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  6. donrae

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Praying for Julia!

It's great you're able to treat her at home for a flare. I know I'd do better at home than in the hospital, emotionally anyway.

Of course you're going to feel guilty over going to work, that's just our thing. But you know you need to work, and she was in good hands. You learn to pick your battles so to speak, well you also have to pick your time off.

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @hbhoffman I'll keep your Julia in my thoughts. And the car issues, things do have a way of falling apart once they are paid for. I'd share some ice cream with you but all I have on hand at the moment are Klondike bars, will that do? It is beginning to cool off now, yay! Of course the bugs like the cooler weather too but I think it's always bug season in FL, lol. No fall garden for us this year; we're dumping all the compost we've been accumulating on top of the garden and covering it with black plastic to 'cook' over the winter then we'll start fresh early next spring. No more weeding for me until next year (and that's a good thing as Martha would say).

Rachel, how did your appointment go yesterday?

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    hbh, no jokes just this - [​IMG]. Hopefully Julia is better today.

9. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Oh, hb. [​IMG] when it rains it pours doesn't it? Take a deep breath. Know we are thinking good thoughts for you and take one day at a time. Things sort out.
    Our brains grab all the bad add the 'what if', 'what's next' and 'how are we ever going to's', and it freaks us out.
    There is a thread on BYC, https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/939217/quotes-and-thoughts-for-the-day/0_50

I used to wonder if inspiring quotes are at all helpful, but after about a year of reading them everyday, I think they have changed some of my perspective.
    (today is frivolous Friday, so don't think it's all goof. and wacky Wednesdays happen too. ridiculous Wednesdays )

10. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I'll x2 Eggsy's comments about the Quotes thread, love that one. Sometimes I'll read a quote there that just "hits the spot". And I love funny Fridays and ridiculous Wednesdays, they're always good for a laugh or two.

Here's one of my Friday funnies (and we were just talking about ice cream, remember?):
    [​IMG]

Yep, I put the sophomore in sophomorish humor!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by