My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Congratulations!

Wait.....they call you Diane [​IMG]? You'll always be Blooie to us.

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]

3. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Congratulations Blooie! You deserve it!

4. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    No, I think now we have to call her Lady Di. Gotta stick with the proper protocol you know, lol.

5. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Thank you one and all! And if it's all the same to you, I'd rather just stay Blooie, raise chickens and visit.

Edited to add: On the way home I learned that there were more than 2 others who have been presented with this special award - the correct number is 5. Two or five, it doesn't matter. Either way I'm in superb company and they set the bar pretty high! I just didn't want to be fibbing about it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  6. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Congtatulations, Lady Blooie! [​IMG]

Here is a photo to share that i found:[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Hey all....

So, as a prevention for a specific type of pneumonia, they've been giving me an IV infusion every 4 weeks of a med called pentamidine. Last time I had my PICC line out so had to get stuck for the IV...no biggie, the infusion nurses are great. Well, this time the Dr. ordered it as an inhaled/nebulizer. HOLY *&*#*##**!!!!! Never, ever again, that was horrible. During the treatment I was coughing and gagging, runny nose and eyes watering, and it was hard to breathe it into my lungs. Right after was a tad better, then like a delayed reaction or something. I got so short of breath walking back to the van I had to stop and rest. Once I made it to the van, I sat there a good 40 minutes just breathing. I could breathe, but I felt like I couldn't get a good deep breath, I guess similar to an asthma attack? Anyway, it eased up eventually and I was able to drive home. But, that's never happening again! Hopefully my platelets will be up enough next month I can use the oral meds, either that or the IV version again. ICK!!!!!

Besides that...things going well. Got a planter re-planted this am, spray painted some pots for some mums I bought yesterday, just had a nice day puttering. Until the nebulizer from hell, that is [​IMG]

9. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Oh,YUCK! I have cottonwood allergies and when they are flowering I can breathe in but I feel like I can't breathe out! So I can relate. Want us to go tell those doctors that you'd rather get poked than choked?

1 person likes this.
  10. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Knock me out first then poke me would be my choice! Otherwise I refuse!

The sweet Hen and cute puppy aren't mine. Should/can it still be entered?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by