My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Rachel, congratulations to your honey on his graduation! That's an accomplishment for sure! And I'm sure your big smile of pride was the only thing people noticed [​IMG]

2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    X2 - besides, you know what they say - "those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter!"

1 person likes this.
  3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    I once got as dressed up as I ever get dressed up to go to church, and arrived just in time to note that I was still wearing my slippers.

1 person likes this.
  4. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    I think we talked about that on the Porch one time, LG, and I had visions of everyone of us reading that and nodding our heads as we giggled 'cause we'd all done something that at least once! :)

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Well, I figured at least my hair was laying down. It's that in-between length, really too long to spike it up, but too short to lay down on it's own nicely. it's still kind of soft and fuzzy, Honey calls it Troll Doll hair [​IMG]. I finally put some hair gunk in it for the ceremony so it would lay down.

6. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    OMG, troll doll hair, lol. I haven't thought of troll dolls forever. My sister and I used to have so much fun with those. They were small enough to slip in a pocket and smuggle into church.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Good grief! I've had too many margaritas tonight! I popped in, saw the troll, and then I just sat back desperately trying to remember when I'd gotten out of my fancy dress and took a selfie!!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hey everyone, I wanted to give you a heads-up about a new contest that just started. The link is in my signature if you'd like to check it out. It's a photo contest of kids with poultry. I hope we get a lot of entries, this one should be really cute!

1 person likes this.
  9. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Tonight was the last night of Sessions - awards night. This was a total surprise. They've only given out two of these before. Tonight I was given the Sweetheart Award for the support I've given. Then the gentleman who gave me the award announced to all present that although I was being recognized for all I do to support Ken in his Masonic work, the primary reason was "one all in the organization will agree with.....you can't spend 5 minutes with Diane and not come away smiling and feeling better than you did before." I also received the first standing ovation when he made the presentation. Makes it worth getting into all those fancy clothes when most sensible people are out feeing and watering their chickens.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    We knew you were a sweetheart and now you have a medal to prove it. Way to go!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by