My leukemia's back.

I have to be in a formal from breakfast until noon tomorrow, a dress for dinner, a different dress for lunch Friday, a different formal for dinner Friday night, and a dress and later a pants suit or casual dress for Saturday. Yep, sounds like a blast to me!
sad.png
You poor thing. The worse part of putting on a dress is the blasted shoes that have to go with them. I don't, can't, won't EVAH do heels. Dresses and flats... ugh! If I could go barefoot, or wear my comfortable sneakers... the ones with the chicken poop ground into the soles of them, and the holes where my orthotics are poking out the sides, then, just maybe, i could tolerate the dress!

I wear nothing for shoes but Danskos and Klogs. :) My dress shoes all weekend will be my black Dansko Mary Janes. Everyone we're here with knows about my foot and leg issues, so they don't bat an eye, thank the Good Lord!

Maybe you've already said and I missed it, but what's the conference for Blooie?

Ken is very heavily involved in the Masons. He'll be Grand Master for the state of Wyoming in 3 years. This conference is the Grand York Rite Combined Sessions, an annual event that takes place in a different area of the state every year. He is the Grand Recorder for the Council and Grand Secretary for the Chapter. He's also a Shriner and Past Master of two lodges. So we travel a lot for these things both in the state and in others. He's busy, he's happy, and I'm so proud of him! I just wish we spent more time in overalls and boots! ;)

It's late and at first, I read your post, Blooie, as "I wear nothing." after reading about the dresses and tux and just about popped my eyes out! LOL. So glad it was reread... Hang in there. Did you bring any of those funny socks? Great conversation starters...
Love the chicken toes socks!

No partying here. Just major clean up to declutter and put things back in order, sort of.
Pray for my 19 y/o tomorrow. At 1 we go into Washington,D.C. for an interview so he can finish applying for metro access! This would be a key piece to transitioning him and giving him transportation and keeping him safe. It would be door to door service.

It's late and at first, I read your post, Blooie, as "I wear nothing." after reading about the dresses and tux and just about popped my eyes out! LOL. So glad it was reread... Hang in there. Did you bring any of those funny socks? Great conversation starters...
Love the chicken toes socks!

No partying here. Just major clean up to declutter and put things back in order, sort of.
Pray for my 19 y/o tomorrow. At 1 we go into Washington,D.C. for an interview so he can finish applying for metro access! This would be a key piece to transitioning him and giving him transportation and keeping him safe. It would be door to door service.

I'll keep your son in my thoughts HBH. Let us know how it goes for him.

Praying things go well for your son, hb!

Blooie, so funny about the dressing up and the shoes.....of course, I have a story for that....

last night was Honey's graduation. Well, black jeans and a flowy flowered top are about as dressy as I get. I kept reminding myself to put my cute boots on before I left....but of course I forgot! So there I am, walking up in front of everyone to Pin my Honey in my nice clothes and ORANGE CROCS--of course they probably have some chicken poop on them....I just told myself no one was looking at my feet....

Let the dogs out while up last night and couldn't call Roscoe back in. Figured he could sleep outside. Not sure how much he slept, when Sugar Monkey went outside there was the remains of a possum on the porch
sickbyc.gif
. I'm glad he got it, but why did he have to smear it over the porch?
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
. Uhh, good dog?

Well, I reckon you can hose the porch off.
sickbyc.gif

My mini mule was seen attacking a raccoon a few days ago. I know the usual protocol for a possible rabies exposure is to redo the shot, which has been done (she was about due, anyway) but it got me to wondering - what do people with hounds or LGD's do? Surely, they can't re-inoculate every time there is an encounter with a fox or raccoon.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom