My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning everyone!

Rachel, that sounds like torture not treatment, wow. Today has to be a better day, right?

Hbh, as long as you took the picture you can enter.

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    That always happens to me with albuterol. After the gasping and coughing and thinking I will die...I do feel better.

3. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    They got me to try albuterol once,I dry heaved for an hour after then collapse and couldn't drink or eat for several hours after that. Never again! I admire anyone who can tolerate the stuff!

Hope it was a better day, Rachel! How is your new addition to the family doing? All adjusting to being back in school?

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Morning everyone, hope you all have a good one! [​IMG]

5. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    I had a good morning, that's for sure! Please meet Rebekah Jane, our third great-grandchild, born last night at 10:59 pm and weighing a very respectable and healthy 7 pounds 6 ounces.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    What a beautiful family. Congratulations Blooie!

She's just precious.

7. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Congratulations Blooie and to the lucky parents, what a beautiful little girl!

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    congratulations Blooie and family! Babies are great [​IMG] as long as they belong to someone else, someone young and energetic [​IMG]

"Poked not choked"....that's going to be my new mantra! As a nurse I've given tons of albuterol or alb/atrovent nebs, I guess my patients were all old pros at it cause there was never any of the issues I had, they just sucked away and it was all good. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! I didn't know if it was the not so common medicine they were giving me, or simply the nebulizer itself. I now feel I'm in excellent company having this reaction [​IMG].

Labs and the docs from the University tomorrow. I may broach the subject of going back to work, I'm just not sure. Don't really want to, but I'm tired of being broke. We knew we'd have a few lean months between the end of the savings and Honey passing his boards and getting a nursing job, but the reality is I've lived broke enough! Although, even if I got the okay and got hired to something pretty fast, it would still be a while before we really saw the money, and he'd likely be working by then. I don't know, just something that's crossing my mind. Then again, if I was at work, I wouldn't be free to spend all day on byc, would I?

9. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    Rachel, sorry about your Neb experience. I'm sure it was an adverse reaction, and any MD who tries to go that route again needs to have her head examined. You should call them, and let them know, not wait till your next appointment. I do Albuterol, and it does help. Hubby had the same gagging, choking experience with it when he was in the hospital. HB, awesome pic, but I don't think you can enter it unless you took it.

Re: going back to work... If you can hang on for a bit till hubby is back to work, IMO that would allow you to continue to gain strength, instead of always playing catch up.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good luck with your labs tomorrow Rachel [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by