My leukemia's back.

Best impulse buy ever...unfortunately the neighbor dog down the way killed three this summer. My female leaves me an egg a day. Most days.if I had all three girls still I would have more eggs than I would know what to do with.
But they are funny. They come when they are called(I quack at them). I have four more ducklings waiting to grow up enough to go out with the rest.
In the spring I want to get a few chickens and pheasants. I really like the looks of runner ducks....Yeah it's 27 degrees here in the north.....Phil

Phil, have you been following the Indian Runner Duck breed focus? Lots of great pictures, even some fun videos and information from members that own them. I think if I were going to get ducks, that's the breed I'd be going for.

As for the snow and cold...feel free to share pictures, just not the real deal, lol. I'm already chilly and thinking about dragging out my winter clothes:

Yes...I was in there last night...pretty birds. I have Khaki Campbells...They are little egg machines...But they are fun and my female is really friendly. She eats out of my hand and let's me pet her.And they listen better than my little weiner dog. Snow melted by the way. Earlier me and a friend were working on my jeep out back and a flock of wild turkeys walked out into the yard right where we were working. Kinda cool..mama and five little ones...

Sorry I know the unwritten rule about the evil white stuff. But it was too funny. My poor ducks had to be coaxed out of their barn this morning. They didn't know what to do with all the white stuff.
Then once out they were like little kids...I love ducks...
Stop it already with the duck talk! Hubby would kill me if I set some duck eggs! They are so cute, and so very messy!

Phil, have you been following the Indian Runner Duck breed focus? Lots of great pictures, even some fun videos and information from members that own them. I think if I were going to get ducks, that's the breed I'd be going for.

As for the snow and cold...feel free to share pictures, just not the real deal, lol. I'm already chilly and thinking about dragging out my winter clothes:
lau.gif

Yes...I was in there last night...pretty birds. I have Khaki Campbells...They are little egg machines...But they are fun and my female is really friendly. She eats out of my hand and let's me pet her.And they listen better than my little weiner dog. Snow melted by the way. Earlier me and a friend were working on my jeep out back and a flock of wild turkeys walked out into the yard right where we were working. Kinda cool..mama and five little ones...
I have a flock of 7 juvie turkeys that regularly come through my yard. I can get within 35' of them. Tempted to have to claim self defense and put a couple in my freezer.

My son's school just sent a message to their parents for us to remind our Southern kids that frost bite is a real thing and it might be time to buy thermal socks.

hmm.png

he better come home with all the little bits and pieces I sent him up there with.

My friends think I'm crazy but I never wear gloves...unless I'm handling metal. I'll sit out on the ice fishing in below zero weather bare handed and for some reason my hand don't get cold. They did when I was younger.

My friends think I'm crazy but I never wear gloves...unless I'm handling metal. I'll sit out on the ice fishing in below zero weather bare handed and for some reason my hand don't get cold. They did when I was younger.
I use gloves for protection like you do--Of course I do not live up by the North Pole either!

Back
Top Bottom