My leukemia's back.

Patience, Grasshopper - I'm just waiting for Jenny to get off work and pick up the star of today's show....which should be within the next half hour or so. Then I can get a look at the photos I took and choose which ones I want to use. She had the iPad, then when speech therapy was over it was time to cath her, then feed her.. and so it goes. So I'm just waiting until I can give this momentous occasion all the attention it deserves! Now, you have something to ponder while you wait!
lau.gif

Okay, after having to work late, Jenny is finally home with Kendra. I have to give you a little background first.

On nice days her PT, Cindi, and I take Kendra outside to practice using her walker on the sidewalk. She was doing great - walking further than she had before. As we started back to the house, she spotted the chickens. She was pointing and letting go of her walker to flap a bit, saying, "Chickens, chickens." So Cindi asked if it was okay to take her to them. We do it with her chair, but she's never walked out there before. So of course I was tickled to say, "YES!"

Now, her walker is too unstable on the grass, so as soon as we got to where the sidewalk ended Cindi grabbed her by the belt of her braces and held her hands. The rest of the story you'll see in the photos. I'll tell you this much first - Kendra has never walked holding just one of our hands while carrying something in her other hand. So this day is HUGE for her - for all of us!

Last edited:
hugs.gif

things will start happening quickly now. She has a new found power and she is going to want to use it!
Her speech will take off soon too.

When I felt no one could understand me. I just did not bother.
When I got better, it fueled the desire to try harder.
It wasn't until fourth grade that I got real help, so it was kind of lonely, but I had my dogs and they understood me perfectly.
Sometimes I think grown ups hurry too much to listen to our body language and dogs are on that wave length naturally.

I am happy for this, please keep us posted.

oh, and I speak perfectly now...too much sometimes.
big_smile.png

That is so amazing, awesome, astounding, whatever else adjectives may come to mind! What a girl. She's carrying the egg basket and only holding one hand! Wow. Simply wow.

Back
Top Bottom