My leukemia's back.

And so it begins. She's been here less than ten minutes.

Blooie...as parents and pet owners we all go through this it seems it's pretty much inevitable.
Last week my daughter came home for dinner. We were talking about all the coyotes this year.
She stated that it was strange how we never lost a cat to any predators.
Both our present cats are very old.
I said that I had found one of our cats
Out back in the woods years ago. She had been eaten by a coyote.
She looked at me crinkled her forehead and said "I thought you said she went to live on a farm". Now this came from 20 year old college student studying medical science.
That was just house I handled that one
(No imagination).
But when my puppy "Pepper" died in a car accident last November (my wife took that dog everywhere)" I had such a wiener dog hole in my heart that within 2 weeks I had gone out and bought "Seven". I was worried about replacing my other dog so soon. But now I'm so glad I did.
I realize that you have special needs here but I think all children love puppies. And I don't think there is any disrespect to your other dog and that she would want everyone to try to find happiness. I hope you get the strength you need to get through the next few most difficult days.

Thanks, Phi! Ken and I talked about whether or not we should get another dog when Molly was no longer with us and the answer was a unanimous "no". We just travel way too much now that he is Grand Secretary/Recorder and in line to be Grand Master in a couple of years, and the places we go just aren't conducive to taking dogs. Katie and Even took care of Molly while we were gone, but it's too unfair to expect a puppy to do well, and an older adopted dog has enough to adjust to without being alone so much. This too, shall pass, right? I just hope it hurries!

Went out to take care of the chickens before Kendra got here. I have to block the nests at night because I have two Buff Brahmas that I've totally failed at keeping out of the nests to sleep. Two out of 28 but it's enough to make for poopy eggs.
sickbyc.gif
I've never seen a hen standing with her legs crossed but I swear I saw it this morning! Poor little Bumblebee! She was alternating between standing on the nest landing bar with those little green legs crossed firmly and pacing anxiously. I barely got the top tier unblocked and she was in there tossing straw on her back and getting down to business. I have a feeling she'll be one of my consistent winter layers. The other girls were milling around, but she was absolutely demanding that I stop giggling and get busy! Silly chicken!

Edited to add: Thank you too, 3goodeggs. We kinda cross posted. I have got to pay more attention to that little notification of a new post while I'm typing!

Last edited:
Blooie, all kids are more aware than what most adults give them credit for. She may as well get the sad news from you as anyone what happened (in terms a kid can understand), she's entitled to her time to mourn. Kids also have amazing "bounce back"...she'll probably move on faster than you or the other grown ups.
Blooie, I agree with NorthFLChick. Even if Kendra doesn't have the vocabulary to express her thoughts, and doesn't seem to grasp the "out of sight, but still there" concept, she's got so much more going on than any of us may ever know. She does grasp the "out of sight, or object permanence, because she goes looking for Molly! Those word associations will come. I'm so very sorry you lost your Molly dog, especially so since Ken wasn't here to help you through it. I'm sure it's harder for him being away from home now. Prayers for you as you pass through this time of mourning.

Thanks, LG. I just told her Molly was all gone, and she'll have to mull that over in her little mind for a bit. When I told her that she shut the door, so maybe.....(insert our little prayer icon here)

Um, Phi, I know you are kinda new here, so I feel I should be helpful and tell you that there are just some things we DON'T share here - cold germs and snow being two that come to mind right off the bat!

I'll have a huge surprise for all of you in a bit. Her physical therapist just left and now her speech therapist is here. She and Kendra are using the iPad for that, but when it's free I can't WAIT to show you what happened!
celebrate.gif
woot.gif

Last edited:
That's okay...I haven't been able to figure out how to email snow yet. Every timeI set it on my phone and hit send it just sits there and melts...it quit for now anyway.I'm going to have to bring my banana tree in from the greenhouse now.

Back
Top Bottom