My leukemia's back.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by donrae, Nov 9, 2014.

1. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Thank you @Blooie , that's helpful! [​IMG]

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    X 2 - a nice 1:4 mix and you're good to go.

3. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Rachel...Happy Easter! Hoping your weekend is magical! Eat lots of chocolate from the thief " Sourland" !!! Have a great weekend with your beloved Honey...still praying for you and your beloved family...!

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Rachel, hope that yesterday went as well as anticipated. [​IMG]

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Did you get bacon? and flowers?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    ... that's much less appetizing on that scale.
    a little better.

[​IMG]

7. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon

COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!

Visit with honey went great, too short. I did send him into Costco for bacon and hot dogs, bless his heart.

Still fighting that infection. Since it's viral, apparently it just has to run its course and may take another week. Sigh. I'm not sure I can physically drink any more fluids. Other than that things are going well. Should decrease the prednisone again tomorrow, yippee!!! Been a nurse for 25 years and always called it the drug that will save your life but make you wish you were dead......

9. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Oh, you are so right about the Prednisone! Ken has stage 3 Sarcoidosis...he's had it since the late 70s and has had several flare ups. When he does, it's back on the Prednisone. We had custody of our grandkids - 11 year old grandson Jamie and 6 year old Little Diane - and he had a flare up. About 3 weeks into that round of treatment I had to take him back up to the clinic for a recheck. Little Diane looked at me with her big, green eyes and said, 'Oh, Gramma...I hope they take him off the crabby pills." No kidding! So did I!

Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend if you got bacon and hot dogs! I just wish that pesky virus would move on! You got welcome mat out there for it or something? Ashley is fighting some kind of virus too. She's now 3 weeks late with chemo - her numbers won't go up. ANC was 60, so they waited a week and rechecked. It's supposed to be above 750 for her to get chemo. At the recheck it was down to 20. Jenna said she never would have thought that she'd ever pray for the chance to put poison into her baby's body, but she's praying hard for it now - going 3 weeks without chemo is tough.

Until I got to "know" you and this happened to Ash, the most I ever thought about viruses was how miserable they can make a person feel. I had no idea that they could have such a profoundly negative impact on other things that have to be done. Oh, I guess I did, but it never hit home this much before....first you run into additional difficulties because of those little boogers, then Ashley. You and Ash are kinda sharing the same prayer here. I refer to you both in those prayers as simply "the girls".

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    BACON[​IMG] Glad the visit went good. Hoping the infection goes away quickly! Have a good night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by