My leukemia's back.

Outpost, what's going on with your chickens? (Sorry if you've said already, this ongoing sinus headache is seriously impairing my ability to retain anything.)

Sorry it took so long to respond. Just been preoccupied. Pretty positive the pullet flock has MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum) and a few of the older hens as well. And one of my CCL roos. Stinks. If I had to guess, I'd say it's close to 30-40 chickens are showing signs. But the thing about MG is that once it's in the flock, it's there forever. I've got my work cut out for me. When I see a sick one, I need to just go ahead and cull it. They don't seem to get better and if they do, it comes back with a vengeance. So, for now, I have a closed flock. None in, none out.

Sorry it took so long to respond. Just been preoccupied. Pretty positive the pullet flock has MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum) and a few of the older hens as well. And one of my CCL roos. Stinks. If I had to guess, I'd say it's close to 30-40 chickens are showing signs. But the thing about MG is that once it's in the flock, it's there forever. I've got my work cut out for me. When I see a sick one, I need to just go ahead and cull it. They don't seem to get better and if they do, it comes back with a vengeance. So, for now, I have a closed flock. None in, none out.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. No wonder you've been preoccupied, that's a lot to deal with.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.
hugs.gif

I am sorry you are facing this challenge. So glad you have faith in God for all things are possible with God. Sending love, light, prayers & Reiki for your healing.
Terri

Back
Top Bottom