My leukemia's back.

Good morning all! Must've been a very busy weekend for all. Hope all of yours was as well as mine:D. Oldest step daughter was in town with our grandson. We went running around yesterday. Fruit markets, farmer's stands, etc, then had lunch. Good day.

Today is my last day at the bank. Closing the chapter. Tomorrow I start my new job! I am excited for both. Going to knock out a bit of housework before I leave for work. You all have a great day:D

Good morning all! Must've been a very busy weekend for all. Hope all of yours was as well as mine:D. Oldest step daughter was in town with our grandson. We went running around yesterday. Fruit markets, farmer's stands, etc, then had lunch. Good day.

Today is my last day at the bank. Closing the chapter. Tomorrow I start my new job! I am excited for both. Going to knock out a bit of housework before I leave for work. You all have a great day:D
I hope the ending and beginning of jobs goes well!

Knock on wood....hope everything goes smooth

Here's to new beginnings!

I spent the evening with Sugar Monkey down at my office. My cell mate that I liked moved offices and she wanted some painting done. I volunteered SM, he was thrilled to have the chance to make some cash. But, the kiddo has never painted a thing in his life. So, I went and helped/supervised. He did a pretty darn good job
smile.png
, but I was there so long.

I think my graft vs host is flaring again. Having respiratory, eye and mouth issues. Have labs and a doctor appointment tomorrow. I'm making peace with going up on my meds---kind of.

I have three calico bantam cochin chicks in the hatcher, with another working on it. My bantam hens have been working overtime as broodies and there are 20ish chicks in there. And, I have another one who is wanting to set
love.gif

I hope everyone's birds make it through the night!

Here's to new beginnings!

I spent the evening with Sugar Monkey down at my office. My cell mate that I liked moved offices and she wanted some painting done. I volunteered SM, he was thrilled to have the chance to make some cash. But, the kiddo has never painted a thing in his life. So, I went and helped/supervised. He did a pretty darn good job :) , but I was there so long. 

I think my graft vs host is flaring again. Having respiratory, eye and mouth issues. Have labs and a doctor appointment tomorrow. I'm making peace with going up on my meds---kind of. 

I have three calico bantam cochin chicks in the hatcher, with another working on it. My bantam hens have been working overtime as broodies and there are 20ish chicks in there. And, I have another one who is wanting to set :love

I hope everyone's birds make it through the night!

Hi Rachel....:frow
I guess we both have to make peace with alot.... prednisone is my friend...not always a good friend I suppose...but a necessary one.
Do everything you can to control G vs H. You body will be better off....I think you symptoms will diminish over time. I was 2 years out before I could quit anti rejection drugs.
So use those med to protect your body hopefully things will get better over time.
Personally Rachel I never wanted you to go back to work...I know any you did....because you wanted to feel normal and you felt a need to contribute....but I feel it was to soon...I worry if you start to have issues you'll need to time and money to deal with them. I had as good of an outcome as one can expect and I could have never gone back a year out.
Either way..make peace with your meds.....take them.....protect your body and wait.....I'm betting another year out you gonna be much better........love ya......Phil

Thanks Phil. My Honey's been a little blunter than you. "Do you want to feel like crap or do you want to take the meds?" sheesh, when you put it that way, I guess the meds aren't so bad. Well, they still kind of are, but since I can't be off them completely, I might as well be okay with taking a high enough dose to feel good. No need to take meds and feel like crap both, right?

Sometimes I'm just not that bright.

I'm really enjoying work, and I like how it makes me feel purposeful again. The money is great also. But we're talking about me trying full time here soon to get financed for a house and it's a little overwhelming.

But, leg muscles are getting so much stronger! I can squat down and stand back up again (okay, I still have to use my hands on my knees to push up, but it's been a long time since I didn't have to take a knee or pull myself up on something), and I can skip the steps on the porch and just walk up the open side. Little things, but for the last year plus they've been out of reach. Baby steps!

Saw a Dr. today and got the prednisone increased, contingent on the CSA level being therapeutic. She also did a chest X-ray for giggles and CYA, but I don't think it's going to show anything.

My cell mate is acting like I'm Patient Zero or something. Seriously, she's a nurse with a background in communicable disease. She should understand the difference between something contagious and some immune triggered. I'm going to talk to my boss about moving offices. We're just not a great fit.

Back
Top Bottom