My leukemia's back.

Lilacs . . . . oh, my goodness, yes. We can't grow them here (too warm) but during part of my childhood, we lived in upperstate New York, and we had neighbors that had lilacs. A couple of weeks ago, BB2K and I were in a store, and she was sniffing the scented candles. Some I liked, others, welll . . . . I guess somebody likes 'em. When she smiled and handed me one that was lilac-scented, I said, "dang, they're good; they nailed that one!" In my mind, I could just picture those sprawling lilac bushes.

Lilacs are triggers indeed and also my favorite flower. We had a gardenia that I kept alive for several years in our bathroom.

It died when we went on our 3 week vacation for our 50 th. Lady who takes care of my animals forgot to water it -
idunno.gif

I keep all the memories both the good and the bad. The good serves as a foundation, and the bad reminds me of the mistakes and places that I will not continue on. "Try to enjoy the now' - wish I could. There are times that I can live in the moment, but there are all too many when I am racing forward before this moment is completed. Sure tires an old man out.
Hugs to you Sour!

Lilacs: I planted a couple of mini's under my bedroom window. They're blooming right now. Planted 3 out by the road. May plant some white ones on the other side of the driveway.

I love lilacs! Ours are coming with us when we move
smile.png
. That tractor's got to be good for something lol.

My Grandma wasn't much on flowers, but man did she have an impressive veggie garden. And a long ol' row of Boysenberries.

We were talking at my Dad's service how much he loved his mother in law (my Grandma Rachel). My family shared our rental with my Uncle Garry, who was Grandma Rachel's son in law. After Garry and Aunt Linda divorced, he maintained a good relationship with her parents. I was wondering what my Grandma Rachel did that made her sons in law love her so much....the general consensus in the family was, it was her boysenberry cobbler
lol.png

I have that recipe....wonder if it works on daughters in law also?

Stopping in to say HI! Been on vacation.....you all know how vacation on a farm goes.:rolleyes:

Clean the coop
Plant the garden
Clean the house
Fix this
Fix that
Paint
Clean
Clean
Clean
Cook
Nap (because I AM on vacation!)
Rearrange furniture