Nobody on the road
Nobody on the beach
I feel it in the air
The summer's out of reach
Empty lake, empty streets
The sun goes down alone
I'm drivin' by your house
Though I know you're not at home

We are not supposed to go back sour. We go forward.
Keep the memories that make you, leave behind the ones that break you and live in the present. Try to enjoy the now.
And those are big words coming from me. My childhood home was a nightmare, but the lake -the grandparents- the Raybans and the waterskis. Those I keep.
smile.png

But I can never return to that house or that lake, and I misplaced those aviator glasses long ago...I doubt I could water ski again to save my life... but they were the best days.

Went to the movies today, and on the way home went through the little community that I grew up in. Over the years my family home and that of my best friend have fallen into a sad state of disrepair. His home has turned into a junkyard, and mine is ready to fall down. The lawn is a hayfield - literally, and siding is falling off. There is a 'For Sale by Owner' sign out front, and I got a little mental twinge about calling. To go there would not be a good thing so it was a fleeting thought. Sadly you can never go back.
sad.png
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
to sour.

The heat finally broke here today. I spent a few hours after work cleaning out coops, re-arrainging feeders and waterers, just puttering and having a good time. Got my two surviving meaties processed last night, and I'll play the chickie shuffle again tomorrow, moving everyone up a pen size. I'm going to re-leg band several birds, and evaluate who is a keeper and who is going on CL. Should be a perfect day for me
smile.png

How'd the trip home go? Did I miss a report? I guess the fact you're home and alive is good news, right?

Nobody on the road
Nobody on the beach
I feel it in the air
The summer's out of reach
Empty lake, empty streets
The sun goes down alone
I'm drivin' by your house
Though I know you're not at home

We are not supposed to go back sour. We go forward.
Keep the memories that make you, leave behind the ones that break you and live in the present. Try to enjoy the now.

3ge, pretty heavy stuff, but real for sure.

I keep all the memories both the good and the bad. The good serves as a foundation, and the bad reminds me of the mistakes and places that I will not continue on. "Try to enjoy the now' - wish I could. There are times that I can live in the moment, but there are all too many when I am racing forward before this moment is completed. Sure tires an old man out.

Just popping in for a moment to say hi to everyone! Miss checking in regularly, supposedly my internet will be set up at home on Saturday so that will help.

No sad thoughts today my friends, it's a new day so let's make some new good memories!
hugs.gif

They say that smells are a very powerful memory trigger; here's a smell that will forever mean summertime to me. Someone needs to invent a scratch-and-sniff screen - this Gardenia bush is in my front yard, and I wish I could share with all of you how wonderful it smells!

That's beautiful Bunny...I wish I could smell it!

I came across someone that had a big bunch of lilac on their desk last week...memories of Grandma sure came back with that smell. She had the biggest prettiest lilac bushes in her yard when I was growing up. Good memories indeed.

Back
Top Bottom