My leukemia's back.

I'm ok..thanks! Sad about something though. Just bought a Santa Fe..2019. Only 11,000 Mile's on it. It's having problems. 😔. Man, I thought those cars were good to go.. especially since we got one back in 06 and it lasted for close to 11 years..no problems ever. Got a GMC Terrain. It's bigger..harder on my shoulders to drive. Thought, well, let's go try a newer Santa Fe. Drove fine during test drive. Now, it keeps lugging back and forth while driving in the 20's, don't feel it in the 30's. I found a blog on this problem. A lot if folks having the same problem with their 2019 Santa Fe's. Turns out.. transmission. I have an appointment tomorrow with the main Hundai Dealer around here. Didn't buy it from that dealer, but it's where you go for repairs/warranty. Ok guys and gals...say a prayer they will treat me honestly and figure this out. This was going to be my last car in life.
I hope it gets fixed for you!

I'm ok..thanks! Sad about something though. Just bought a Santa Fe..2019. Only 11,000 Mile's on it. It's having problems. 😔. Man, I thought those cars were good to go.. especially since we got one back in 06 and it lasted for close to 11 years..no problems ever. Got a GMC Terrain. It's bigger..harder on my shoulders to drive. Thought, well, let's go try a newer Santa Fe. Drove fine during test drive. Now, it keeps lugging back and forth while driving in the 20's, don't feel it in the 30's. I found a blog on this problem. A lot of folks having the same problem with their 2019 Santa Fe's. Turns out.. transmission. I have an appointment tomorrow with the main Hundai Dealer around here. Didn't buy it from that dealer, but it's where you go for repairs/warranty. Ok guys and gals...say a prayer they will treat me honestly and figure this out. This was going to be my last car in life.

Sorry to hear your car is having problems already. It's still under warranty, right? Hope things turn out ok with it.

Took it in. They updated the computer in the transmission. Someone took it out 11miles. I said, well, if he drove it on the highway or on the freeway he won't feel anything wrong, even over 30. So, went to pick it up, took it for a slow drive at 24..25... Still doing it. Turned around and took it back. Bummer. Yes, it has a good warranty. Wasn't charged at all for today. They will keep it overnight, do some calling around to other places to see if anyone has heard of this happening in this year of the Santa Fe. I talked to the manager right off the bat this morning. Explained what was going on. He said he hadn't heard of it in the Santa Fe, but in their Tucson's. Oh oh..our kids just bought a brand new one of those. 🙄

Took it in. They updated the computer in the transmission. Someone took it out 11miles. I said, well, if he drove it on the highway or on the freeway he won't feel anything wrong, even over 30. So, went to pick it up, took it for a slow drive at 24..25... Still doing it. Turned around and took it back. Bummer. Yes, it has a good warranty. Wasn't charged at all for today. They will keep it overnight, do some calling around to other places to see if anyone has heard of this happening in this year of the Santa Fe. I talked to the manager right off the bat this morning. Explained what was going on. He said he hadn't heard of it in the Santa Fe, but in their Tucson's. Oh oh..our kids just bought a brand new one of those. 🙄

That must be frustrating, I hope they get it figured out quickly Cynthia. And I hope your kids don't have trouble with their car.

When I was in my early 20's, I bought a brand new Pontiac Sunbird, from the local dealership. About a month later, I was driving down the road, and the lights began flashing off, and on. I took it home, of course, and parked it. A bit later, I went out, started it up, and checked it. The lights seemed fine. I went to the little store down the road. Everything was fine, until I started back to the house. Again, the lights flashed off, and on. When the lights would warm up, after about 3 minutes, they would flash.

I took the car into the local dealership, and told the guy in the booth, with the clipboard, outside the mechanic section, about what was going on. Ok, they would fix it. 2 days later, it was ready, so after work, my brother took me to get it. I started home, turned the lights on, and lo, and behold, they started blinking. I called my brother on his cell, and told him to turn around, and meet me back at the dealership. I didn't turn the lights off.

When we got back to the dealership, I started talking to the guy with the clipboard, and explained they had not fixed the problem. He had me turn the car off, while he was writing. When he got done, he had me start the car, and turn on the lights. "See, they're fine". I told him to wait just 1 minute, and they would start blinking. Sure enough, in just a minute, they began blinking. He accused me of turning the lights off, and on, and made me get out of the car. By then, my brother had arrived, and walked up next to me, listening to clipboard guy.

Very calmly, he asked clipboard guy "what the hell are you smoking?" You think my sister has nothing better to do, than come here near closing time with her car, and blink the lights, just to play with your mind? She's been inconvenienced by not having a car for 2 days. You guys said it was fixed. It's not. Fix the damned lights, and stop the crap. The look on clipboard guy's face was a kodak moment. You have no idea the fortitude it took, to prevent myself from busting out laughing right then, and there. We calmly walked back to my brother's car, got in, and busted out in laughing.

The next day, I was assured it had been fixed. I tested it on the way home. It was really fixed.

Take your car right back to the dealership, and run it through again.

Odd that if it is a known problem with your model/year and the dealer knows about it in another model that Hyundai doesn't have a fix for it. Probably have the same transmissions and electronics in both models.
These guys aren't aware of it..that's why they are calling around to see. They have seen it in the Tucson though, the one our kids just bought..brand new..only 5 miles on it. Crazy, but so far so good. I've been reading up on a forum of folks that have had the same problem as my Santa Fe...most of them in Canada. Hey! I wonder where this car came from? I know my GMC I just sold came from Canada. Makes you wonder if they sent a batch...(for lack of a better word) of Hundais out there..fluke? I don't know. It's almost 10 this morning. Haven't heard anything back. I really think they are trying to figure out something for us. This is a huge dealership, not the one I bought it from. This place handles the warranty. My husband has been staying home for all of this. He's declined so much he wouldn't understand all that is going on. I try and explain it to him, the man that used to work on cars all his life, but he doesn't understand. It wasn't his job all of his life, but he worked on them..before computers. Anyway, I can't say enough times how grateful I am that my son and his wife moved in to help..along with their little guy. So thankful. They've run me back and forth to the dealership. Will again when it's time to pick up the car.

When I was in my early 20's, I bought a brand new Pontiac Sunbird, from the local dealership. About a month later, I was driving down the road, and the lights began flashing off, and on. I took it home, of course, and parked it. A bit later, I went out, started it up, and checked it. The lights seemed fine. I went to the little store down the road. Everything was fine, until I started back to the house. Again, the lights flashed off, and on. When the lights would warm up, after about 3 minutes, they would flash.

I took the car into the local dealership, and told the guy in the booth, with the clipboard, outside the mechanic section, about what was going on. Ok, they would fix it. 2 days later, it was ready, so after work, my brother took me to get it. I started home, turned the lights on, and lo, and behold, they started blinking. I called my brother on his cell, and told him to turn around, and meet me back at the dealership. I didn't turn the lights off.

When we got back to the dealership, I started talking to the guy with the clipboard, and explained they had not fixed the problem. He had me turn the car off, while he was writing. When he got done, he had me start the car, and turn on the lights. "See, they're fine". I told him to wait just 1 minute, and they would start blinking. Sure enough, in just a minute, they began blinking. He accused me of turning the lights off, and on, and made me get out of the car. By then, my brother had arrived, and walked up next to me, listening to clipboard guy.

Very calmly, he asked clipboard guy "what the hell are you smoking?" You think my sister has nothing better to do, than come here near closing time with her car, and blink the lights, just to play with your mind? She's been inconvenienced by not having a car for 2 days. You guys said it was fixed. It's not. Fix the damned lights, and stop the crap. The look on clipboard guy's face was a kodak moment. You have no idea the fortitude it took, to prevent myself from busting out laughing right then, and there. We calmly walked back to my brother's car, got in, and busted out in laughing.

The next day, I was assured it had been fixed. I tested it on the way home. It was really fixed.

Take your car right back to the dealership, and run it through again.

Your brother's response was perfect :thumbsup He must be a good guy to have in your corner!

Back
Top Bottom