my life is gone to hell in handbasket

purplebaby

Songster
12 Years
May 20, 2007
east long island
my 13 y.o. daughter is on her second inpatient stay at adolescent psych ward. the first was in november. she stayed for 3 weeks. she is suicidal with a plan, so she had to be admitted again this week. i am falling apart. my marriage, my other daughter (15), my dogs, my chickies, my job, my house are all suffering. my ex-husband (her dad) is against all of this and believes she simply needs the "demon" driven out by his "church elders". i am at a complete loss. ( which is really funny if u consider the fact that i work with emotionally disturbed teens all day in residental placement. )

can any one help me with dealing with this from the parental side? it is so different when it is your kid, i know rationally what to do etc but i am falling apart. i cant stop crying.
please....

Wow, that is more than I could deal with, you must be an amazing person. I'd have to say, the only thing I can think of is to pray for peace for yourself. Good luck, I hope it all turns out ok.

I don't know that I can help you...........but wanted you to know I totally understand how much harder it is once it is one of your own children......our hearts,minds and souls get much more attached and hurt far more than with other's children............. I will certainly be praying for this girl.and for your entire family...............kids have NO idea how many are affected in these times.........hold on girl............you can do it.stay strong ..........she is getting the help she needs.....

OMWord! I am so sorry to hear that! I have 3 children, younger than yours. I think your doing the right thing, but I don't know what else to suggest other than you need to focus on you while she is in there getting help. You will be stonger if you get some extra rest.

I'm sorry to hear about the things you are going through. I was a pretty rough child for my parents to deal with and when I look back and see what I put them through it makes me regret some things. I have two children of my own, but they are still very young. I don't have any relevant advice for you, but I can tell you that I empathize with you and I am hoping you, your daughter, and your family pull through this ok. I hope everything will turn out good for you.

Maybe these words will encourage you...

They are from the book of Isaiah

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

Praying that your situation improves!

thank u all.... i need to pull it together and maybe get my brain wrapped around this. just knowing other people care and have been there helps.
she just called pleading to come home.... it breaks my heart.

Stay strong. You know she is where she needs to be. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. I can't imagine how hard it must be, especially with no support from her father. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am so sorry for your pain. I will be praying for your daughter and your family through these trying times. Hang in there, she is getting the help she so desperately needs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom