My light Barhamas are like brown because of Poo!!

ragerkid2

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Johnstown Pa
I have 9 light Barhamas and they are in there brooder but they have like brown all over them from laying in Poo???? I clean there brooder everyday.. Will this go away when they go into their coop??

You should post a picture. I never had this problem. Although, I clean my brooder several times a day because it's in the house. I really don't know. A picture would help.

How old are they? If they are old enough you should be able to use wood shavings and stir the shavings around some and change them out in a few days.

I also use pine wood shavings, which soak up the poo. They often have runny poo after every 8-10 poops. Perhaps they are laying in it. It doesn't take much to get dirty.

You could give them a bath if it really bothers you. Just wash them in some warm water with a mild soap and blow dry them on low when they're done. Get them really dry. If its not really that big of a deal- don't worry about it. The first time they're outside and get rained on will clean them off. I have a few white cochins in my brooder and their foot feathers get dirty from the poo- so I clean them up once a week. It doesn't bother me on the darker feathers, but it looks really icky on a white bird. Good luck- you might be surprised by how much your chickens enjoy bath time. Mine love it
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom