My little black orp

ozark hen

Living My Dream
15 Years
Apr 4, 2007
Mansfield, MO
Here is a pic of my pride and joy..a little black orp I hatched from corancher's eggs. Her stock is gorgeous and I am very lucky to have this little girl.
1280_dsc05449.jpg

Quote:
I would love it!!!!! But no way to get there and back with it.
lol.png
I am going to get some more black eggs from corancher when she has more. I told her about Timex my main blue orp roo from you. He is magnificent! I need to get some more quality into my flock so hopefully I can get some more eggs from you and corancher? I will have to take some recent pics of him this afternoon and post them here for you to see. He has lots of gold "over-lay" is what I call it.
big_smile.png
I need to replenish my b/b/s as I only have two blues and one splash hens.
smile.png
I do have 7 eggs in the incubator from the "red gene" from Miss Prissy's line. Hoping for some reds there. They are due to hatch in the next few days.
yippiechickie.gif
My buffs are all scraggly looking. I will have to work on them, too.

Carrie, the brassiness is something that Suede does have and it gets worse up until he molts and starts with new feathers. I love it when he's all blue again. Blues also tend to sun fade and he is always outside. Some of his sons inherit the trait more than others.

I think BA is Black Australorp, Carrie; she must have missed taht this was an Orp pullet.

thanks I didn't think of the black australorp, they are lovely birds.
Timex always has the gold overlay and I have never seen him molt. I was beginning to think roos didn't molt? I have not seen any of my roos molt, perhaps it is more subtle then the hens? I have been trying to take his pick and he does not want his pick taken at all. ha he takes off so I get part of him each time.

Back
Top Bottom