MY little brat roo

Chuntgray

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 17, 2008
I have this little bantam(I think) rooster "Feisty" He is name that because he was not much bigger than an egg and he would start crap with the big rooster through the fence. Has he grew up I could not have 2 roo's so I kept Feisty because 1 he was pretty not scary and 2 I did not think he would pick on the big hens so much. This little $%#@ is smart, he knows when I do not have my stick and when my hands are full or I am not paying attention he gets me in the ankles every time. There has been times he has had me screaming like a little girl. There are days I want to change his name to "Stew"
smile.png

Roosters are just like dogs, it's the little ones you really have to watch out for!
gig.gif
We have one little dutch/OEGB mix roo that used to always chase my son around the yard. My son (4 y/o) thought it was funny, and would antagonize the roo. One day, I don't know how he did it, but my son caught that little roo. He brought the roo in the house to show me, and that roo was screaming like a girl!
gig.gif
I don't think the roo has chased him since....

Moral of the story, grab that little stinker and show him who's boss, he'll learn
big_smile.png

I have one who when he started to crow thought it was his job to pick at me when I got the eggs and what not, I would chase him down and carry him around when I did things around the farm them I would lay him down while holding his legs.

He is the most sweet roo ever now!

I hand feed him cookies and blueberrys and he has not attacked me in a LONG time.

I have one little Golden Sex Link hen who thought she was top bird in the flock. Always picking on somebody. And without any provocation from anybody else in the flock.

One day I had just had enough of her and her attitude. Especially as her latest transgression was against poor, helpless, defenseless little LizzyBeth. (maybe you're heard about her?)

Clarissa had reached across the food dish and pecked little Lizzy square in the forehead. That was IT!!!
somad.gif
NOBODY picks on LizzyBeth!!

I grabbed that rotten hen by the neck, picked her up off of the ground and shook her! I'm so amazed to this day that I didn't kill her outright. I didn't kill her, but, I did scare the living shinola out of her!
gig.gif

She has been the nicest, most well mannered bird ever since. Sometimes, as Shellby said, you just have to show them who's the boss!!
lau.gif

Ya I know I need to pick him up, He is fast. Tonight the hens were walking behind me I had my stick I said look at me feisty I am the hen whisper. Then I dragged my foot over the grit pile like a chicken( I was in a weird mood) He was on me so fast I was shocked. I was screaming and laughing at the same time. I won't do that again.
smile.png

Quote:
That's so true!!!

The MEANEST rooster that has ever graced my barnyard was a tiny little bantam Antwerp Belgian rooster. Didn't matter who or what you were, if you were in sight, this rotten little thing would race over to attack your ankles. He couldn't get much higher than the ankles, but he would never give up and at times it really hurt (like Feisty, he also always seemed to know when my hands were full or my back was turned). Sometimes, when the assault would go on for 5 or more minutes while I was doing chores, I would snatch him right out of the air in mid attack and throw him away from me. He would flutter lightly to the ground and run right back at me. I named him Twerp. Grrr, that rooster drove me crazy!

But I love the name Stew! Next mean rooster I wind up with is getting that name!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom