My little hen Early, seems not her self.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by GoldenSparrow, Jun 24, 2011.

1. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    My little hen Early, seems not her self.
    She seems to be walking slower, and stands in one place for a long time. Then, a little while later shes running around and completely fine.
    This goes off and on.

She is 3 years old, and doesn’t really lay egg any more. Sometimes she will lay paper thin egg. She lays them as if she’s just pooping. She was never a good egg layer, and the shells were always thin.

A year ago she got really sick. I thought she was going to die. However she got better.

What could this be?
    She is a thin hen, and will not gain weight. We leave food out all the time.
    Today her poop was a little white, and watery . and vent is a little dirty.

I know she is not getting bullied, because we only have 2 other hens, and one is broody, and the other one is her best buddy.

Please help. I love her dearly, and do not want anything bad to happen to her.

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of her, she has been standing in the same spot for 10 min

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  2. stargirl

stargirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    UK
    She's beautiful [​IMG]

Thin & not gaining weight suggests a parasite like worms. When was she last wormed?

3. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    I wormed her a few months ago.

Thanks for answering [​IMG]

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

What did you use, as Wazine is only for round worms, Safeguard helps kill many others and Ivomectrian kills lice & mites as well as worms?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by