Ralphie, one of these days you will be punished. I hope you have to spend a couple days locked up with our Hershey Duck (K/C) she won’t shut her mouth. Really I would not shoot a duck except with a shotgun. A bow leaves too much room for error. The reason I gave up waterfowl hunting is shot. I could not count on a clean kill with steel or any other lead substitute. I would rather give up something I loved to do than see animals suffer.

Ralphie, one of these days you will be punished. I hope you have to spend a couple days locked up with our Hershey Duck (K/C) she won’t shut her mouth. Really I would not shoot a duck except with a shotgun. A bow leaves too much room for error. The reason I gave up waterfowl hunting is shot. I could not count on a clean kill with steel or any other lead substitute. I would rather give up something I loved to do than see animals suffer.
Rubber Duxxies seldom feel any pain.

Somebody needs to update this thread.
I am sorry! I’ve been a real slacker lately...online anyway! I’ve not even been able to spend quality time with my birdie birds!

My two oldest grandsons came to visit—for.a.week!!! In their defense, they don’t visit often enough to know how things work around here, and basically don’t know how to act. I literally have to watch them like a hawk. They have a yappy, little dog and are terrified of my three big dogs, that are less likely to bite than their little one. And then they think it’s funny to chase, or try to scare, my chickens and ducks! What?!?!? :barnie No bueno!

It takes me a while to recuperate once they leave. I’ll just go ahead and admit it — I’m getting old and probably a tad set in my ways! :oops: Old or not, it’s really hard for me to put up with nonsense.

Hopefully I will do better.

Ralphie, one of these days you will be punished. I hope you have to spend a couple days locked up with our Hershey Duck (K/C) she won’t shut her mouth.
This is hilarious and I agree. Three of my ducks are so much louder than ANY chicken I have, even at 75’ away. If they see me come out the back door, their brain rattling, earth shaking quacks begin and won’t stop till I go up to them and give them attention . . . or if they’re out, they will come running to me, quacking the whole time. But I still love them! I really love holding and, yes, kissing them, if I am lucky enough to trick them and pick one up. :confused:

I decided I wanted the ducks off the deck. I mean, really, they don’t need to be going up and down the steps. I really though the steps would have deterred them, but I guess I was wrong.

Anyway, I ran them back up into the yard. Have You Ever Heard A Duck Cuss? I’m certain that’s what they did once up in the yard.

I decided I wanted the ducks off the deck. I mean, really, they don’t need to be going up and down the steps. I really though the steps would have deterred them, but I guess I was wrong.

Anyway, I ran them back up into the yard. Have You Ever Heard A Duck Cuss? I’m certain that’s what they did once up in the yard.

poultry on the deck is a point of contention here in Ralphiville.

The WW thinks birds should not be on the deck, I take the dissenting view. She runs them off, but they come back. They do call her names and cuss at her, rightfully so.

I reward the birds with little treats for hanging out on the with me. Yesterday, the WW found my little stash of bird seed under the table. She was not happy, I was cussed out, but the birds still got their treats..

I guess in the future I will have to carry the treats to the deck and not store them there..

Back
Top Bottom