My mice *pics*

They are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your pics! I have a 1-eyed hamster named Gus-Gus (fat mouse from Cinderella). We all adore hime, he cracks us up!

Tanya

No problem paganfish, glad I could help bring back those memories
smile.png

Thanks everyone

I love rats too
big_smile.png

Fuzzy-Fawn mock hairless
032.jpg

Blaze- Blazed black banded
Pictures198.jpg

Smoke- sky blue berkshire
Pictures197-1.jpg

I've had 2 mice and a rat before. Daisy, Cutiehead and Sparky...they're living in heaven now.
sad.png
I loved them very much, great pets.

I've had mice and lots of hamsters (russian and syrian). I was never able to potty train a mouse as they pottied on the go no matter where they went. I can potty train the syrian hammies to the litter box for urine, and they can hold the poo for a good half hour before I toss them home to tidy up, but what about rats? Can they be potty trained like hamsters for urine and poo? Or just urine?

That's SO sweet Pedro, my rats are queens of my house as well!
I had one male, he was the only boy I ever owned, and I think that since he didn't have a buddy he forgot how to play nice, or something. Anyway, he'd get very riled up whenever he was out and would bristle up and out of no where latch onto my arm and scratch and bite the hell out of it. I actually have a scar from it on my arm, none of my other rats have ever bit me. So, I bit the bullet and paid $150 to get him NEUTERED! Thats right, micro surgery XD anyway, he became the sweetest little man. I called him my little gay rat, he was so happy and just wanted to be loved on and would cling to my hand and groom it and give me kisses none stop. he was even so sweet I could let my girls out with him, and he'd just sniff them and hold still while they groomed him roughly (a sign of dominance). What a good boy, I miss my little Tsume.. <3

And I know what you mean about how sad it is to put a rat down for Tumors, I've had to do it 3 times before, one of which was YESTERDAY! I cried so hard. Lots of people were in there with their dogs and obviously thought i was crazy for crying over a rat, but one lady owned rats before and she even cried a little, she knows how sweet they are. She was really nice and let me cuddle with her dog while my rat was being put down. And all the people that worked at the vets office were very sad also, because Latte had been there a few times before and they all simply adored her. Rats are great pets, I just wish they lived longer and didn't get so many tumors. x.x It sucks too because I went out of my way and paid extra for a pedigreed rat, hoping she wouldn't get tumors because she came from good lines, but alas...

Last edited:
All my rats and mice are pedigreed, I wouldnt breed them if they werent.

Rats can be potty trained for both pee and poop.

My rats come to their name when called, know how to sit, beg and are potty trained. I only posted pics of my male rats.

Quote:
What a kewl story! Thanks! I miss my Pelon. I have pictures of him where he's on my shoulder (his preferred place when I was busy around the house...hated to be left on the bed) and he never pooped or peed on me. Odd. I never trained him. In fact, he looked like your "fuzzy" marebear...that picture of fuzzy tore a sob out of me just now.
sad.png

Gosh...I am depressed now! I want my hairless rat!
hit.gif

Gotta go...
roll.png

I love rodents too! Wild or pets. We used to have pet rats, and now I have mice. The mice are breeders though, for my snakes. All 3 of my females have passed their first litters. #1 had 10, #2 had 10 and #3 had 13! I was amazed. They are adorable.

My sister had mice when we were growing up and she bred them to experiment with genetics; different colors and patterns. They were a lot of fun. A friend of ours loves rats and their female had babies...17. After she weaned them they actually had the male neutered so the two of them could be together. Rats are cool, too,very intelilgent and live longer than many cage pets.
I think rats, mice and hamsters (my favorite) are much more fun than guinea pigs as there are so many more things they can do; but, hamsters have such a short life span and we get so attached to them. We took our much loved hamster to the vet once when she was sick; the vet used a regular sized thermometer to take her temperature! OUch! Anyway she recovered with his help and sucked her meds from a dropper; she loved the stuff and would try to stuff the whole dropper in her pouch and we always had a tug of war; once she bit off the tip of the dropper and swallowed it, but was none the worse for the experience. We had a lot of fun nursing her back to health; after all that, though, she still only lived another year.

Back
Top Bottom