My Mini Flock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by teenchik, Dec 9, 2010.

1. teenchik

teenchik Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    On Saturday December 4th I bought Old English Game Bantam one rooster and three hens off an auction: They all got baths for mite and beak, talons, and spur shortened these are their pictures

[​IMG]
    The names are Capitan Jack Swordspur (Rooster) Betty Blackbeak (Dark Hen) Susie Gentlewing (light hen)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll keep posting but what do you think of my rooster? he is a little worse for wear because of the horrible mites, and a fight he got in with a bigger rooster the night we got them, but do you think i'll be able to show him in a year or two?

2. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Oh my goodness.. are they ever cute... what great names!!!! Nice job on the baths... [​IMG] they look squeaky clean!!!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Love the names! Not sure about show quality, but kudos for taking such good care of them!

4. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Before you show him you need to dubb him.

5. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    cute

6. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    I personally like them with combs.... The mere thought of carving up my poor little chicken [​IMG] ...makes me weak in the knees.... [​IMG] I think they are cute as is... the combs are the best part.

7. theoldchick

May 11, 2010
    I like the combs, too. Is dubbing necessary for the health of the bird? I know in fighting stock they dub the comb for obvious reasons.

8. teenchik

teenchik Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    Upon find out what dubbing is I bitterly refused to show my little captian, the comb and waddles are his majesty, he wouldn't be a rooster with out them. And if anybody would like to be on a list to buy some their offspring, or eggs when they start laying again please email me at [email protected]

9. theoldchick

May 11, 2010
    Good for you for not dubbing! Yes, that is his crown and does tell the girls he's da man!

10. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Very cute! I keep old english game bantams myself, they are such a wonderful breed! They have huge personalities for such small little things, and they are very personable when handled often. [​IMG] And I refuse to dub mine as well, dubbing seems like such a painful and awful thing to do. Just continue enjoying your birds and have fun with them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by