My Muscovies are trying to pip - Pictures

A HUNDRED EGGS?? AHHH TALK ABOUT THE DISEASE KICKING INTO OVERTIME. LOL
I was thinking the same thing lol
ep.gif

I have way more eggs than I need, that's for sure! Need to go pick them up and scramble the ones that are good and feed the back to the flock.

-Kathy

Did you wash the eggs before incubating them? Could it have been a nutritional deficiency (on the part of mom or dad) that caused the malpositioning? Any other information from the necropsies to help prevent this in the future?
Super cute ducks and chicks btw. Thanks for sharing.
Still waiting on a picture of that huge rat lol.

Did you wash the eggs before incubating them? Could it have been a nutritional deficiency (on the part of mom or dad) that caused the malpositioning? Any other information from the necropsies to help prevent this in the future?
Super cute ducks and chicks btw. Thanks for sharing.
Still waiting on a picture of that huge rat lol.
No, I did not wash the eggs before incubating them. I've seen these malpositioning problems in chicks, peafowl and ducks, but the peafowl get a completly different feed, so I'm really puzzled. The two most common ones I see are feet over head and head over wing.

As for the giant rat, lol, I need to clean his cage today, so I'll try to get some pictures of him.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Sorry to just barge in on your thread and get all bossy but I DID take the time to read the whole thing, lol. I appreciate it!
I think a new incubator is possibly something you could try to see if you continue having these issues?
Could it be some sort of pesticide or other contaminant in your atea?

Sorry to just barge in on your thread and get all bossy but I DID take the time to read the whole thing, lol. I appreciate it!
I think a new incubator is possibly something you could try to see if you continue having these issues?
Could it be some sort of pesticide or other contaminant in your atea?
Thanks for taking the time to read it, lol. A new incubator is out of the question, lol, this one is practically brand new and wasn't cheap! As for pesticides, we don't use any, but the property was used many years ago for growing hay. Although, it's very windy here and I guess it's possible that pesticides from the neighborhood are blowing in?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom