My muscovy gets in to mating amours 15 times a day

I have read through your other threads @Cairns.Lowe1, you would have better success with your ducks if you follow the advice in this thread. Regardless if you have a muscovy female, 2 drakes is 1 too many. 1 drake should have 3-4 females to mate with. So, consider what your goals are. If it is to have ducklings hatch, think about that ratio. As well, muscovies mating with mallard based ducks will produce sterile offspring. If you just want eggs, then get rid of the drakes and find some female duck companions preferably at least one other muscovy as they have a different language than other ducks.

I looked through eBay for pure breed duck eggs but to ship it to my country it takes about 1.5 week to ship the eggs. So if I ship it I could replace that eggs by the pure breed once. So would it rot or simple will the ducks come.

If you have 2 Pekin drakes and only 1 female Muscovy boy that poor girl must be worn out. I'd say your eggs are fertile for sure. How old is she and she isn't laying yet. Please consider getting more females you Muscovy really has to be taking a beating from those 2 drakes. A good safe ratio should be 3-4 females per drake. My Muscovies have always been around 8-9 months old before they begin to lay.
Good to know! Was just about to post asking what a good drake to hen ratio would be. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom