My Muskcovys eggs hatch and I find them dead all around the pen..

Oh I'm so exited my Muskies baby's hatched she has 2 little baby's under her wings.. I'm static :weee :celebrate
Now do I have to give her any special food for her little baby's woohoo. I hope they stay alive. Can you tell I'm over the moon :yesss:
thanks to everyone who helped me make the right choices

SPecial food?? what is she on? a starter or an all flock is good. Congrats! would love to see pics!! Make sure the water they access is safe for wee ones, drowning is a concern.

Last edited:
Hello thank you. We buy just normal duck food I'm not sure the name my husband throws out the bags. It's crumbly stuff so I think baby's could eat it. I thought maybe the mothers eat it then regurgitate it like birds do for there young. Thanks for the water advice I'm glad you mentioned that cause we have a baby bath in the pen.
I'll have to go get it out. I will take pics but not just yet she is hovering over them and I don't want to upset her..
Thank you again

Good morning.. My baby's are are doing great.

My pekin males maited with my female muskove . Will her chicks be able to have ducklings once they grew up?

No, any mating a Muscovy does with another that is not a Muscovy will result in what is called mules. They cannot reproduce, Muscovy are not mallard derived. They are cute combos though, i have seen that mix before!

Back
Top Bottom