My, my, I just love good pie!! Here's some recipes

tongue.png
oh mmm oh yummmm. you are making me drool all over the key board.

This is a WONDERFUL moist desert that has a creamy jellness like the jellness of a pecan pie. So even when fully cooked it has a nice gooey moistness. (I'm a nutt for doneness in a recipe so I checked it 6 times with a toothpick to make "sure" it was done.
wink.png
But it is wonderfully moist & flavorful. I already have a request to make another!
smile.png

Chocolate Chip Pie Recipe

2 large eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 ounces) Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar & brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels & nuts. Spoon into pie shell.

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between outside edge & center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. serve warm with Whipped cream

Makes 8 servings.

I omitted the nuts & used Hershey's Chocolate Chips & it came out Deliciously Great! :)
wink.png

My husband's favorite

Egg Custard Pie

1/2 cup butter or marg. soften
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 heaping T. flour
1/2 cup milk
3 large eggs
1 T. vanilla
1 pie shell (unbaked)

Heat oven to 400; Cream butter, sugar and flour. Add milk, mix and add eggs one at a time beating well after each. Add vanilla, mix and then pour into pie shell. Bake 5 mins. at 400; then reduce heat to 325. Cook until middle of pie remains firm when shaken. About 40 - 50 mins. Cool Enjoy!

This pie is good warm or cold.

Quote:
Apple Pie

3/4 c sugar
3 tblsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground allspice
6 thin sliced pie apples

Combine sugar, flour & spices. Add apples and toss to coat.

Never Fail Crust

1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c crisco
2 tblsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c cold water beaten with one egg white

Mix shortning, flour and salt lightly and add liquid gradually. Work into dough and roll for pie. Brush crust with a bit of milk and then add apples covering with top crust and crimping with fork.
Cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees in preheated oven.

Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Pie

2 eggs
1 15oz can pumpkin
1/4 c half and half
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 tblsp all purpose flour
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c chopped pecans
2 tblsp butter softened

1 batch of never fail pie crust (see apple pie recipe in above post)

Preheat oven 375
Combine beaten eggs, pumpkin and half and half, mix well. Add sugar, flour and lemon zest, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & allspice. Stir in well.
Pour into the pastry pie crust. (to prevent overbrowning you can cover the edges of the pie crust with foil) Bake for 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, for topping, stir brown sugar, pecans and butter together til well combined.
Remove foil from pie, sprinkle with topping and bake 15 to 20 minutes more until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top should be bubbly and golden. Cool on wire rack. Refridgerate 2 hours and then serve.

I've been looking for a rich, creamy, chocolate pie. You know, one of those thick puddingy things that probably has 1000 calories in each slice? I've tried a couple of recipes, but they were gross. Anyone have a to-die-for chocolate cream pie recipe? (yes, I know you can make them with boxed chocolate pudding, but I think there are better recipes out there, I just have to find one!)

Quote:
Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not but it's good.

Chocolate Cream Pie

1 c sugar
1/4 c corn starch
3 c milk
3 squares dark chocolate chopped fine
4 eggs
1 tblsp butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
pastry shell
Meringue topping (see key lime pie recipe)

Put chocolate & milk in a small bowl together.
in medium saucepan combine sugar, starch and slowly add milk with chocolate. Over medium high heat, stir until bubbly and thick. Reduce heat and continue to stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Seperate yolks from whites and set whites aside for meringue. Beat yolks lightly with a fork. Gradually add about 1/2 cup filling to yolks while stirring to temper them. Add yolks to filling and stir well bringing to a gentle boil. Cook for 2 minutes more while stirring. Add butter and vanilla and stir. Pour into shell and topping with meringue. Bake for 15 minutes on 350

Back
Top Bottom