My Myshire farms snowie hatch

I’m down to the dregs, ones that pipped and didn’t zip, and ones with no pips. I’ve found the dark ones I couldn’t see into and left because I was unsure were infertile or very early quitters, there’s about 4 or 5 of those. There are 3 I’m helping, I think the ones who pip and don’t hatch are often really sticky from my previous hatch observations, my guess is they broke their yolk at some point and weren’t strong enough to finish. Then there are a few with defects, one has legs pointed in and crossing, and it looks like they’re not just oriented wrong but generally put together wrong, unless I can get them up and in a good position there’s a couple I’ll need to cull.
I took this pic earlier today, but there are probably about 10 or so that are in there now that were still in the incubator. I think a grau fee might have hatched, he’s pretty wet and gooey still so I’m not sure yet.
3E52B1EE-FFF0-4E41-817C-9A25394AAF6E.jpeg

I ended up culling the 3 with the worst leg deformities. 2 have responded to treatment efforts and are up and around. I have a small brooder for Tiny and the wobblers and weak hatchers, they’re all doing well. Tiny seems totally fine other than being small, he hatched normally, eats, jumps, runs, shouts etc. I have a pic of him with some of the normal sized chicks. His down is also more shiny and fine, if he was a hamster I’d say he had satin type fur. I assume his feathers will probably be normal tho.

29023ABC-1ED5-44E7-B297-60F003B4C465.jpeg
08DC7FDE-6FA5-41D1-8EAB-BE24D14CC38A.jpeg

I like the falb fee, but I can see being disappointed when you expected snowies.
I have several snowies, a few pearl fees, some I’m not certain because I was out all day and didn’t get a good look before I put them into the red light box haha. But there’s like 6-8 falb fees so far and I could just make those by crossing my pharaohs to the snowies and pearls. But oh well. So far they’re looking healthy and strong.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure one hatched, rolled around, held it’s head semi up and crowed 3 times. Not meep meep meep, or be doop, it was like a wah W-A-A-A-A. Garbling the second part. I grabbed the camera but it didn’t do it again.

39 total, there’s 4 who are 50/50 if I’ll have to cull. Probably I’ll be successful with half, and half will not respond to treatments, but maybe I can get them all started. The one with worst legs is strong, he drags himself sideways along the edge of the bator. I’m gonna see if I can get him straddling something and point his legs the right way.

Back
Top Bottom