My Myshire farms snowie hatch

Wonky leg keeps swimming laps around the sick brooder, and he keeps getting cold. I keep moving him, but seriously no will to live.

I ended up culling the 3 with the worst leg deformities. 2 have responded to treatment efforts and are up and around. I have a small brooder for Tiny and the wobblers and weak hatchers, they’re all doing well. Tiny seems totally fine other than being small, he hatched normally, eats, jumps, runs, shouts etc. I have a pic of him with some of the normal sized chicks. His down is also more shiny and fine, if he was a hamster I’d say he had satin type fur. I assume his feathers will probably be normal tho.

29023ABC-1ED5-44E7-B297-60F003B4C465.jpeg
08DC7FDE-6FA5-41D1-8EAB-BE24D14CC38A.jpeg

Interesting experiences, the one with the bent up foot is doing well, the foot isn’t normal, but he walks and runs. He crows his baby crow several times a day but I always miss it with the camera haha. Even more bizarre, I saw one make egg song and then poop!
Need video of egg song

FBE6F3BC-F6EE-486E-9A94-84FAFE9F083A.jpeg
D43FB60B-FB00-49E5-843F-73BCBEC62FCA.jpeg
I have 6 in a small brooder. They’re the 2 with bent feet and curled toes, Pebble, and 3 late/weak hatchers that I helped and hand fed until they could stand. Pebble has a pink sheen, he was born on hatch day, unassisted, but is now smaller than the previously sickly ones haha. I took some pics when I cleaned the brooder and swapped the shelf liner for bedding. I put a “normal” chick in for comparison. It’s the big one with feathers growing. Pebble is the top right.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom