My neighbor is convinced my chickens are a health risk- Help?!? Has anyone dealt with this?

and when she is out on the deck badmouthing you to another neighbor, just smile and wave. They hate that.
duc.gif

Personally, I would be sure to NEVER offer any of my chicken eggs to this neighbor. If she were to accept them, then get the sniffles, or imagine an upset stomach, you'll never hear the end of it. Share with your other neighbors, if you're so inclined. But, NO EGGS FOR HER!!!

Agree, befriend neighbours and they will either stick up for you or ignore her as a scheming harpy! My neighbours used to keep chickens so are happy to see them again without all the hastle of keeping them, cleaning them out.

Personally, I would be sure to NEVER offer any of my chicken eggs to this neighbor. If she were to accept them, then get the sniffles, or imagine an upset stomach, you'll never hear the end of it. Share with your other neighbors, if you're so inclined. But, NO EGGS FOR HER!!!
My feelings exactly. She'll fake an illness and sue you. Keep your distance.

I would try to ignore her, but if things are getting out of hand, you can always contact the police or file a report so at least you have documentation should something happen. I also would take photos/video if she starts harassing or threatening you. Be sure to keep your chicken coop and area nice, neat, and clean in case she should ever contact authorities like animal control or something, they will see there's no problem if they ever have to come by because of a complaint. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Some people are truly crazy.

Thanks guys, this is really helpful.

I'm putting up a lattice fence on one side of the coop to shield her view and hopefully diffuse the situation, and I'm going to plant ivy to grow up the fence eventually so it should be pretty.

And no - I never ever plan on bringing her eggs!! I'm sure she'd suddenly come down with salmonella and it would be my fault. Yikes!
But I had planned on bringing the other neighbors who have stood by us eggs.

I think most of the neighbors think she's crazy and mean. My immediate neighbors (except her, of course) love the chickens and think she's nuts, so at least there's that...
I still hate the fact that this person is talking badly about me and in general spreading her bad juju, but I'm trying to shake it off.

Like water off a chicken's back, right?!?

Back
Top Bottom