My neighbor lets her chickens free range my yard constantly?

I will not kill the animals. I will not let my dogs chase them. I will not spend money to contain chicken boy's chickens. Please help

If you can catch the chickens, you could might be able to hand them over to animal control as "stray animals."

(If you want to catch the chickens, you might be able to use a fenced area or dog kennel like a large live trap: chickens go in, you close it up, then you can go in and grab the chickens.)

Its legal to trap their chickens on your property if they're trespassing. Report them as "found" to animal control. Make a place for them and feed and care for them until they're retrieved.By law you can impound them indefinitely until you're reimbursed. Charge them for cost to house and feed before you give them back.

Edit: Put a tag on each chickens leg and keep a record of your daily catch.

Thank you. Animal Control will probably contact me tomorrow, so hopefully she'll have an answer. LOL..imagine 58 yo me catching chickens. Bet I colud figure out real fast how to give a prison tatoo...hahaha. Thanks to all who responded
Make a "temporary" coop for housing and let animal control know you intend to trap and contain which will force the owners to come forward and claim them .If they deny they belong to them re-home them.

Its legal to trap their chickens on your property if they're trespassing. Report them as "found" to animal control. Make a place for them and feed and care for them until they're retrieved.By law you can impound them indefinitely until you're reimbursed. Charge them for cost to house and feed before you give them back.

Different places have different laws. That may be the law where you live, but I recommend anyone else check their own local laws before doing that. Many US states do have similar laws, but I don't know about all of them, and I certainly do not know about other countries. It's safest to check first.

Different places have different laws. That may be the law where you live, but I recommend anyone else check their own local laws before doing that. Many US states do have similar laws, but I don't know about all of them, and I certainly do not know about other countries. It's safest to check first.
^^^ this. And the term you want to search for in many statutes is "at large". It's a common term of Art.

Back
Top Bottom