My neighbors are complaining about my girls!!

If you've cut morning light, you can add it at the back end of the day.  Some neighbors just like to complain.  As long as there is not a noise ordinance that you are disobeying, you are within your rights. That being said, as neighbors, we should do what is in our power to keep the peace.  Perhaps planting some dense shrubbery between your yard and the neighbor's yard.  Even a well constructed privacy fence will go far to cutting the noise.  Keep your flock size within the legal limit.  While an exuberant pullet can be noisy, often dogs are even noisier, but overlooked as a neighborhood irritant, because they are more common.  Many dogs are incessant with their barking.  Personally, I'd not feel obligated to give away eggs to keep the peace.  Depends on your supply, and otherwise on your relationship with the neighbors. It can eventually lead to an expectation.  Sorry.  I work hard, 365 days/year, my chicken housing is expensive, as is their feed.  I'll gladly sell them, and share them WHEN it's my idea to do so, but never out of obligation.
would I add a light later in the evening? And if so what kind of light would u suggest? I have been having to keep the girls in until 9 on the week days and 10 on the weekends and it had cut their egg laying down alot
1f914.png

Look for a warm light bulb, 2700 - 3000K. I use a 9W LED. Be sure it is placed so the birds can't touch it, and be sure to keep it dusted, and from contacting other surfaces. Be sure it is well secured, and the outlet/cord it's plugged into is safe. Yes, you can add it in the evening.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom