My new 10x12 coop build unveiled!!

Some of us are even more mature...
And I'm not thrilled to handle our chain saw either! I do use the other items mentioned, just not for hours on end, as formerly. Pacing the effort, and being nice to the back, hoping it will be nice to me in exchange. One back surgery was enough!
Mary

A former co-worker gave herself a lightweight electric chainsaw for her 72nd birthday.

While I admire her independent spirit, at age 56 I have enough arthritis in my wrists to turn the vast majority of tree-cutting, regardless of tool used, to my DH and my sons. :)

Table and bench-mounted tools for me!
Exactly. It’s not a competition, just accepting limitations and learning to recognize when to say “no.” My kidney doctor told me to lay off the ibuprofen and limit heavy work that might make me sweat. So that kind of sucks the fun out of yard work. You do what you gotta do. 😊

OOOOH. That sounds exciting. But I am prone to tennis elbow so it just may be too much for me. I do have a bow saw for small branches that might work on little trees.
This is the one I have, it cuts incredibly well even when slighty corroded.
I have hand and elbow issues too, have learned using both left and right arms, and of course not cutting down the whole damn forest in one go, helps reduce 'over-use' irritation and flareups.

I looove my chainsaw (Stihl Farm Boss 20 inch blade) but it is hard on the body for sure and I am 31. I tend to just use my chainsaw when I have to, mainly to fell large trees and section trees into 15 inch sections, which I then split by hand with an axe for my woodstove. I like using an ax to fell small trees and chop my wood. It gives me a good kind of exhaustion and becomes quite meditative for me. If time is a factor, I have a decent neighbor with a wood splitter, which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom