My new additions* formerly ducks wanted in Eastern CT

Sorry! I meant your chocolate muscovy!! (Was rushing to get dinner going and wasn't clear).
big_smile.png

Thanks, I hopefully will hear back from the lady with the swedish/runner mixes and pick them up. Considering my husband didn't want ducks in the first place I'm pleased that he didn't blink an eye at increasing from 4 to 7. He really likes those eggs!

I just picked up the three blue swedish cross ducks. They are very pretty, like muted blue swedish. They are settling into a pen in my garden shed for a bit of isolation.
She still has three drakes as well as three brown Chinese geese she wants to find homes for.
I took the three ducks. She still wants to find homes for the three drakes and the three Brown Chinese geese she has. They are just too much for her at this point.

Ashfordducks1.jpg

Ashfordducksgohome2.jpg

Ashfordducksandgeese.jpg

Ashfordgeese.jpg

Last edited:
in the first pic it looks like you have a drake anyway. the tail has a curl. it is either a drake or the dominent female but i dont know if females can get this. but i think you have a drake there.

lol.png

Quote:
I didn't take that one. I only took the three you can see in the crate in my car. You're absolutely right, the one you describe is a drake.
As for the geese, that is what the woman says they are. She got them from someone else. I don't know geese at all!

Thanks! I can't wait to let them hang out with the other ducks. I never in a million years thought I'd have 7 ducks! I used to think that was a lot of chickens!! I joined BYC with 2 chickens and desire for a few more. Before I knew what happened I had 13 chickens, 4 ducks and quail to boot, not to mention plans for goats soon! Talk about an addiction!!! I've now tapped my maple tree, something I'd never had done without the influence of a BYCer. Who knows what's next! (Well, I do-those goats!!)

Back
Top Bottom